MFP has ruint my fast food choices...

Options
(RUINED for my spelling Nazis).. SO today I decided to allow myself to eat one of those ''bad foods'' that have been on my mind for the past 4 or 5 days, Curly Fries from Hardee's (or Carl Jr.'s depending on your location).. So as any loyal MFP member does, I ate very little, (500 calories up until 7PM). my daily allowance is 1977.

Then the logging of foods got in my head,. ao instead of ordering the 2/3 lb Monster with xtra bacon, I opted for the, gulp, Turkey Burger..... I picked the Six Dollar Burger for my roomate and figured we could split the Large Curly Fry. After taking the first bite of the Turkey Burger, I was so very disappointed, not only did it not look like the photo, it had a taste and texture that I really hope I never expirience again. I discarded the bun, enjoyed my 4 full sized curly fries and the few smaller crunchy ones, drank my one sugar sweetened soda for the week.

The positive(?) side of this is the fact that I had stopped by Kroger on the way to the drive thru to pick up a couple things for the week-end, but since I was very hungry, the urge to impulse buy the frozen Peperidge Farm layer cake that was on sale for $2.50, (reg $4.69) *remember when they were 99 cents 30 years ago?*. was too great to fight off. As I was getting light headed on the verge of passing out from mal-nutrition. Oh yeah, the positive(?), was that since the turkey meat substance was only 200 calories, so I was able to eat 1/4 of the cake with 6 ounces of milk, (from a cow, not an Almond), and still came in under the calorie goal for the day. Kinda blew the sodium and sugar goals out of the water tho, they are VERY RED for today.

Thanks MFP, for the plain pizzas, for the cheeseburgers, hold the cheese, for the unfried chicken and fish, and for all the other bunless sandwiches I have to look forward to. And NO I do not want to add fries, a shake or an apple pie to that order.

That is all for now, Dave

Replies

• mc_hudd
    mc_hudd Posts: 47
    Options
    ???? I think you deserve a cheat day!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    LOL that was funny. I'll take a pizza no toppings hold the bread :laugh:

I can relate because I wanted the Asian cashew salad and a sweet treat but was too lazy to go to both Wendy's and DQ. When I started eating the chocolate waffle frosty and it wasn't hitting the spot, I threw it out and logged just a third of it. If I'm gonna splurge it's gotta be goooooood!!

I like burgers as much as the next person but dang, even a simple (tasty) one can be 700+ calories. Don't even talk about the Hardee's burgers. So motivating to cook!!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I can relate!
  • picklesroofus
    picklesroofus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had pizza today
    I love pizza
    Pizza day once a week is a must for me or I would quit

I agree you need a cheat day or you will hate this wholeprocess.
  • arispenser
    Options
    >SO today I decided to allow myself to eat one of those ''bad foods'' that have been on my mind for the past 4 or 5 days,

One thing that has helped me with cravings is l-glutamine powder. It's a precursor to GABA and dopamine which are the same feel good chemicals that are stimulated by carbs. It might just be a placebo effect but as soon as I get a craving I put about 1/8 tsp of the powder under my tongue and the craving is gone in like 3-5 minutes. I have started to conceptualize carb cravings as my body telling me that it's not producing enough serotonin or dopamine.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate every day :-)
    I had pizza today
    I love pizza

I agree you need a cheat day or you will hate this wholeprocess.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even bother thinking of them as cheats. It's just the wrong mentality. If you have a craving go for it. If, on a daily basis your doing good, enjoying a craving isn't going to kill you. Beating yourself up about it will. Enjoy it savor it and move on.

The hard part is excepting what is truly a craving and what is wanting to give into old/easy habits. I know i've mistaken the two.

But if i'm craving an In&Out burger then I will have it. If i know it before hand and i know my day I can make some allowance btu really just enjoy it and move on.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    See, I can't even do that. I just get so hungry by 7pm I would just pass out.
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options
    I had pizza today
    I love pizza

A-men! ????
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    That's why I don't eat fast food. Not because I think it's horrid and evil but because I love cheeseburgers, and if I'm going to spend any calories on one, it's going to be the most awesome medium-rare ground chuck cheeseburger from my charcoal grill.

OP, you'll learn that food does not have to be boring to be good for you. Check out eatingwell.com--they have lots of pictures and the recipes are simple and they have slide shows like, "600 calorie dinners" and "lunches on the go." And there are ratings and reviews on the recipes too.

Edit to add: I eat my fair share of pizza, which is still fast food, I guess. :wink: