Hello My Name is Donna

Options
I Just got my lap band on July 23, and Im doing good I have a lot of gas and the pain has moved to my shoulder, does any body know what i can do. I have put a heating pad on it and Im taking gas x.:smile:

Replies

• reea57
    reea57 Posts: 2
    Options
    I Just got my lap band on July 23, and Im doing good I have a lot of gas and the pain has moved to my shoulder, does any body know what i can do. I have put a heating pad on it and Im taking gas x.:smile:
  • she_red247
    she_red247 Posts: 20
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Donna. I'm sorry to hear about your discomfort. Have you just tried putting some icy hot or something on your shoulders. You might also want to consider some sort of mylanta. I like the rolaids chews for gas. They work pretty well. I hope your lap band works for you. My friend at work had a friend who got the lap band and she has lost 75 pounds. My doctor wouldn't even discuss it with me. She just told me to diet and excercise. Isn't that what they all say. My mom had her stomach stapled years ago and then had a gastrointestinal bypass surgery. That was about 10 years ago. Its all great as long as you can go back and remove the extra skin. She got hers done by the military. They removed her belly apron, but not the skin on her arms and between her legs. They say that is cosmetic. Crap if you ask me. Maybe one day she can get plastic surgery. Good luck with your lap band
  • kelmblue
    kelmblue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Donna,
    I'm sure by now your pain has gone away, but just incase that is gas pain. You can take gas x to relieve the pain. I have the lapband and also worked for the Dr. for a while. How are things going for you?