Hi, just started

Options
hi, my sis turned me on to this site, I am grateful. In the past I kept a journal and lost 35 lbs but after 2 years stopped and the weight came back. Hopefully this very convenient site will be easier. Writing it down does work... and this is so easy as long as my internet is working..... :noway: I am also going to nursing school and just about finished and want to be in pretty good shape when I start working.

Good luck to everyone.... :bigsmile:

Replies

• maggie2020
    Options
    hi, my sis turned me on to this site, I am grateful. In the past I kept a journal and lost 35 lbs but after 2 years stopped and the weight came back. Hopefully this very convenient site will be easier. Writing it down does work... and this is so easy as long as my internet is working..... :noway: I am also going to nursing school and just about finished and want to be in pretty good shape when I start working.

Good luck to everyone.... :bigsmile:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you too Maggie! I think you will find this site most helpful and enjoyable!
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Good luck & Welcome. :happy:
  • DownSizin
    DownSizin Posts: 150
    Options
    Welcome. I am new to this site as well. It's great to read all the encouragement and success stories here. Good luck!
  • celeste15
    Options
    Hi Maggie!

Welcome. You'll love this site. The support system is great also. Good luck!
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome MFP!
  • butterfieldwindy
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I just joined today and hope to find good results as well. :happy:
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    Welcome! You're gonna love myfitnesspal (MFP)! It's inspirational without being pushy. I've lost 12 pounds in about six weeks just because of having to keep track of what I eat. No diet pills, just vitamins and meds I take for fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis...... But it's nice that I can take that 30-minute walk, then enjoy that 50-calorie Skinny Cow Frozen Fudge Bar with no regrets! You gotta love it!
    Stay with it, and you'll have plenty of support.

The world needs more nurses. I have always said: "Hire more nurses and pay them as if your life depends on it!" (Let's get a bumper sticker out on that one!)

Marti
  • abby1949
    abby1949 Posts: 32
    Options
    Great that you joined! I agree about writing food down, I am more than surprized to see how much I was eating before I " logged" everything. Good luck!
    Cheers
    Lyn
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I just started today also. Your story sounds like mine i lost then gained back when i quit writing a food and exercise journal. I got lazy and here i am again. I am already getting addicted to this site :bigsmile: I wish u success. I have a long way to go but one day at a time I can do it again!!