Why???????????

Options
Having lost 9stone 8lbs since March 2010 WHY am i no letting myself gain weight???? I felt so good after losing so much weight, loved the compliments i received and most of all loved the fact i could walk into any shop and actually buy something if i liked it!! ... Now in the last year i have gained 20lbs ... i know im eating wrong .... i know im making bad choices .... i get up every day with the intention of being good todat ... but i just cant stick to it!!!

Why is it we do all that hard work only to ruin in all .... i do care so why am i making out i dont ...

Replies

• msfetty
    msfetty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I so feel your pain,I've gained about 40bls of relationship weight
    and now I'm feeling like sh**.every time I get dressed I get mad at myself.
    I've promised myself to get 20bls off by July,and I'm going to do it
  • 6ronXtreme9
    6ronXtreme9 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I feel you there! I'm suffering from the same thing right now.We can't blame on the non-living things for our success and failures.It is us who are responsible for everything.So get up once again! you have done it in the past and you can do it again.Besides,20 lbs is not a big deal. :)
  • sandra211061
    sandra211061 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    its just so annoying isnt we .. we only let ourselves down and like whats been said we are so miserable for doing it ...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you need to make sustainable changes, i.e. changes that you can stick to for life. Don't give up foods to get there, use MFP and a food scale to measure out the right sized portions of those foods to keep you on track.

do exercise you enjoy... self-torture isn't sustainable in the long term

make an effort for 21 days to get back into good habits, make sure the good habits are things you can stick to long term, and you should have a better shot at long term maintenance this time... also reward yourself for compliance.,i.e. 1 week, 2 week 3week etc goals, 3 months 6 months etc... reward yourself for sticking with the programme and by the time you get that far you should be in good habits that you can stick with long term
  • msfetty
    msfetty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is especially when u reach for the jeans that had become your favorite
    only to get to the point where u can't even fit them anymore..smh
    Those jeans/clothes are now my motivation.
  • Dig_Deeper
    Options
    you need to make sustainable changes, i.e. changes that you can stick to for life. Don't give up foods to get there, use MFP and a food scale to measure out the right sized portions of those foods to keep you on track.

do exercise you enjoy... self-torture isn't sustainable in the long term

make an effort for 21 days to get back into good habits, make sure the good habits are things you can stick to long term, and you should have a better shot at long term maintenance this time... also reward yourself for compliance.,i.e. 1 week, 2 week 3week etc goals, 3 months 6 months etc... reward yourself for sticking with the programme and by the time you get that far you should be in good habits that you can stick with long term

This ^^ in a nutshell. Try to slowly make changes that you can stick to without feeling like you're being punished and find some exercises that you enjoy! :-) I can think of some you may like if you're looking for something, but I'll wait for you to ask for my advice so I don't say anything undesirable. You are going to get through this and you're going to do an amazing job! :-)
  • ali4579
    ali4579 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i know im making bad choices .... i get up every day with the intention of being good todat ... but i just cant stick to it!!!

Maybe just make a commitment to maintain your weight for a while? Then when you're feeling a little more stable, you can lose what you've gained. 20lbs is not a huge amount to lose again, holding still might be the best thing for you for the minute.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Only you can answer that