Hi from Canada

Options
FatGuyNL
FatGuyNL Posts: 23 Member
Hey, I've been trying for years to lose weight and finally started after new years. I rang in the New Year at around 405lbs, and started late January. I'm down to around 370 which is nice, but to be honest I feel I could be doing a lot better as I have binged for days on end several times and I haven't been as militant about exercising as I should have been.

What I need is accountability and also inspiration, which is why I joined. It's always great to see other overweight individuals trying to live a healthier life and finding success!

Best of luck to everyone on their weight loss goals!

Height: 6'4''
SW: 405 (estimate, my scale only goes up to 400 and I was ringing up "ERROR" lol)
CW: 370
GW: 250

My fat body in all it's glory lol - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEmHiU5WwC4

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    35 lbs is a great start! What are you doing to lose the weight? I'm down 90 lbs and still have at least 30 to go.
  • FatGuyNL
    Options
    Nice, congrats on the weight loss! To lose weight I overhauled my diet and eating habits. Instead of three or four unhealthy meals with snacks in between, I eat 6 meals with lean protein (eggs, chicken, turkey, ect), fresh veggies, fruit, and complex carbs (brown rice, ezekiel bread/cereal, ect). Sugar that doesn't come from fruit or veggies is pretty much gone from my diet.

I also joined the gym and do cardio/weight lifting 5-6 times a week, and calisthenics/kettle bell/heavy bag workouts at home sometimes.

I'm going to get into jogging now too that the snow is gone where I live and it's nicer out hahah
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    35 lbs since January is fantastic! You need to figure out what works for you and so far you are doing great with it. Don't let a bad day here and there deter you, there will always be days where we eat too much and do too little, that is life. Congrats on your success so far! Keep up the good work!
  • tomaspetro
    tomaspetro Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Hey, greetings from South of the border! Thanks for the youtube- looking forward to seeing your progress I'm 6'0" , started mid January at 342 and I'm hovering at the 300 mark today. I'd like to get to the 180 range. Don't know if I can be of any help but please feel free to friend me.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! It will get easier now that Canada is thawing and spring, knock on wood, is here.
    Looking forward to watching for your progress. :)
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I took up running, too and I am glad to have clear roads again!
  • FatGuyNL
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You've got this! Add some weight training in and at 6'4 and 250lbs you'll be a monster.

Feel free to add me or any other Canadians as well.
  • evangelene12
    evangelene12 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I agree 35 is a great start :) I am a Canadian from Toronto, but living in Denmark at the moment. Feel free to add me :). That goes for other Canadians as well.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    In from Canada here, too. I don't have many male friends, so feel free to add me. You've got a great start so far, so keep it up. I find watching the feeds of my friends who are logging their food and exercise inspires me to be accountable and do better. Best of luck to you.
  • diggerjcb1966
    Options
    Greetings fro the UK. What a fabulous start you have made, many congratulations! I am looking to lose 36 pounds. After years of yo-yo dieting and trying all sorts of weird and wonderful weight loss remedies, I have decided to take it right back to basics and aim to lose a pound a week so I don't put additional pressure on myself. I've only just started (3 days ago) and am doing it gently. I aim to walk lots and am starting pilates next week to help my flexibility and a lower back problem. Good luck and stay strong. Sending positive thoughts across the ocean. :smile:
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Alberta! Just wanted to say you can do this! Lots of support and motivation on this app. Good luck fellow Canuck! :)

Amanda
  • FatGuyNL
    Options
    Much appreciated!