"exercise" question for motorcycle riders

Options
So it's Spring here in Texas and with spring comes the start of the Motorcycle riding season, of which I partake Frequently, mostly on the weekends, sometimes both days. On those days I do NOT wear my fitbit because the vibration sends it thru the roof. My problem is I'm gone ALL DAY on those days and too worn out when I get home to do any kind of exercise. So out of curiosity I thought, "well, I've got to be burning SOME calories while I'm maneuvering this 800+lb machine around curves and through traffic, etc." so I googled and came up with:

http://calorielab.com/burned/?mo=ac&ac=16030&ti=Riding+motor+scooter+or+motorcycle&q=motorcycle+riding&wt=165&un=lb&kg=75

Thoughts from those that ride?

Replies

• Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The largest number of calories I spent with my Harley .. was pushing it when it broke down :-p .... same with the Ducati and Laverda too
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My partner and I love going for long rides in the country and make a point of finding a conservation area to hike in mid way through the ride. This is a great way to get exercise in - riding a motorcycle, not so much.
  • 1waj123
    1waj123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I ride and I definitely feel like I've been working out (especially on those nice long rides). I use " motocross" listed in MFP exercise.