Finally on the weight loss train!

Options
Hello everyone, just wanted to take a quick minute to introduce myself. Well here goes nothing... My name is Ashley. I am a mother to 4 children ages 10 (my 10 year olds are twins), 6, and a newborn. I decided when I was pregnant with the last one that after she was born I was going to turn my life around! Not sure if anyone else feels this way, but it has gotten to where I don't feel comfortable in my own skin! Anyways, I'm pretty free spirited, a little out-going, but a little shy at the same time.

I would love to meet new friends on here facing the same challenges that I am. We could offer support and motivation to each other, so if you are interested please feel free to send me a message.... I'm new to this website so I'm not even sure if you can send messages and friend people on here, but if anyone is looking for a support partner, I'm your gal!

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all reach your goals! Nobody said this was going to be easy, but with a support system and great tools like I have already seen on this website, its possible. Just going to take a little dedication and hard work!

Much love to all

*ashley*

Replies

• MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome
    there are quite a few people on here in your position so you definately aren't alone!
    this site is fab - some really useful threads and some great people :)
  • billylindsay
    billylindsay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family.
  • paperboy
    paperboy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Ashley. About 2 years ago I was in the same boat. Not comfortable in my own skin, hating the way clothes fit, hating that I was out of breath when I got to the top of my stairs.

So I started... slowly... and over the course of a year and a half dropped 75 pounds. Sadly, I've slacked off a great deal since October and I've watched about 25 pounds come back, but it will be gone soon.

I think the greatest moment during my journey was when my 11 year old daughter came up and gave me a hug and said "Oh my God, daddy. I can get my arms all the way around you now." Truly a time to be proud.

Keep your chin up, don't give up and keep moving forward.
  • atate24
    Options
    Thank you both! I can't wait to be able to sit down and actually play with this website and find all the neat tools! I just updated my profile and was in the process of trying to figure out how to put a picture on here, but the baby is waking up so I better tend to her... :)
  • atate24
    Options
    Awww paperboy what a great motivation story! U brought tears to my eyes! I'm so proud of you for losing all that weight, and u are right the weight that u have gained back will be gone soon!

And hey u too! keep ur chin up! I know u can do it!
  • francescorkill
    Options
    Welcome! You are going to love it here! I have learned a lot in just a short time period and things have changed drastically for me! You can do it and the support is amazing!!! :)
  • italiangirl81
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I joined about a year and a half ago, and my husband saw me losing weight so he decided to join too, and lost about 40 lbs! Sadly, my weight that I lost as crept back on, but my husband and I are back on the train as well (we're in good company for sure!!:wink: ) I'm excited to lose the weight that came back on and then some. The support you will find here is amazing. Everyone is so willing to help out and share their stories and successes, it's truely inspiring! Good luck to you, I can't wait to hear your success story!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to have you here. Feel free to add me if you need some added support. Good luck on your new journey ahead!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • JollyMolly72
    JollyMolly72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in grad school and just finished my first semester. I gained 20lbs in the process. I've decided I CAN make time for health and do well in school. I started a 20 week half marathon training program yesterday (400 miles in 20 weeks!!). I felt so energized that I could hardly get to sleep! I need a support group to remind me on that runners high feeling so I can stay on the program!

Molly
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hello and welcome! So glad to have you here and to let you know that you are not alone on this journey
  • paperboy
    paperboy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @Molly... Good for you.

I ran my first half-marathon in November and I can tell you as a former funny fat kid who was never picked for the sports teams... it felt good to finish and realize that goal achieved.

There are great running programs and technology to help you on your journey. Send me a friend request and I'll happily share.