Peanut butter chocolate chip brownies...

Options
Honeycat89
Honeycat89 Posts: 149
Hi there,

I have a lovely recipe for brownies with a secret ingredient that may surprise you! First let me show you a picture...

image12_zps5fb50cb5.jpg

The secret ingredient is chickpeas! (don't judge until you try, I honestly think I'll make these from now on rather than traditional brownies.)

They're high in protein and good fats from the peanut butter and coconut oil, I can eat a lot of anything but these are very filling!

You can find the recipe on my blog if you search Sunny Side Up Soph on google or see below:

Recipe (makes 14-16):

♥ 1 tin chickpeas

♥ 1/4 cup unsweetened peanut butter

♥ 1 tbsp coconut oil

♥ 3 tbsp cocoa powder

♥ 1/3 cup maple syrup

♥ 1 tspn vanilla extract

♥ 1/2 tspn baking powder

♥ 1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice

Here comes the easy bit…

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 180°c.

2. Whiz everything except the chocolate chips up in a food processor.

3. Mix in chocolate chips.

4. Put mixture in a greased and lined baking tray and bake for 18 minutes.

They're chocolatey and peanut buttery and taste moist and gooey like any good brownie should! You could fool anyone with these and they wouldn't know they were a healthy alternative.

Enjoy :)

(and no, they in NO WAY tastes like hummus)!!

Replies

• Honeycat89
    Options
    Also they come in at around 90-110 calories a piece! Depending on choc chips used and size :)
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yum, might have a go at them one rainy day. I wouldn't have thought chickpeas but I'll go with it.
  • KLiburd86
    KLiburd86 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    another pic when they were still warm...

image23_zpsf09d80a1.jpg
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for brownie recipes and these look good. The chickpeas are an interesting ingredient!
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    I am always looking for brownie recipes and these look good. The chickpeas are an interesting ingredient!

They really work! They make them so moist and add a nuttiness to the brownie :) The mix is awesome on its own too, i ate loads of it before I even put it in the oven haha.
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    (and no, they in NO WAY tastes like hummus)!!

Hahaha

Would this work with a handblender?
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I thought the "secret ingredient" was going to be something else, but hey, chickpeas are cool, too. :smokin:
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    I used a smoothie mixer and found it took ages to mix, what I would suggest is adding the liquid first then adding the chickpeas slowly so they don't all get stuck! A food processor works best though :)
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I used a smoothie mixer and found it took ages to mix, what I would suggest is adding the liquid first then adding the chickpeas slowly so they don't all get stuck! A food processor works best though :)

Was that in reply to my question - if so cool thanks il give it ago
  • LimeGreenFwooper
    LimeGreenFwooper Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I've been craving brownies lately so I will have to give these a try.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You are my lifesaver!

I have a bowl of chick pea cookie dough that I made up a couple days ago to just eat raw and it did not do anything for my 'cookie dough' craving :(

Luckily, I can use parts of this recipe to bake it into something delicious!

Thanks!
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    sounds amazing!
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    Let me know how you get on :):) they're beautiful as a dessert warm! X
  • Annabelliedellie
    Options
    BUMP... I made these from your recipe... they are SO GOOD, they taste like a normal brownie! The texture is amazing :) thanks
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've made chickpea chocolate chip cookies that were amazing. Will have to try these as well. Thanks!
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    ooh Ive made butter bean cookies, I think chickpeas will work better! Will have to try
  • tudazies
    tudazies Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Look amazing. Thanks