Fear no Heavy lifting

Options
Leggo1288
Leggo1288 Posts: 25 Member
Today I overcame my fear of weights! I was anxious the whole way to the gym, but got there and did what I had to do. I started the stronglift 5x5 program. I started out just lifting the bar. Hopefully I'll be posting a success picture here soon.

Replies

• Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! Keep at it and you will see great results.
  • JessicaPippen
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    And each time you go to the gym, you will get more confident. You belong there! Keep on going.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Lifting will do wonderful things to your body!
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    WTG. It does get less intimidating each time, at least going. The actual lifting should stay intimidating. :)
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my second round of 5x5..the first round was 13 weeks,and I lost 4 holes in my belt,,I dont know how many inches that is,,maybe two?..and I wear low hip rider jeans so thats the fattest part of my waist..I took 10 days off from lifting and just started again last monday for round two..I love this program!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    It's a bit awkward starting out with just a bar while surrounded by grunting guys lifting car weight or whatever. It becomes normal after awhile. It's great that you started!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Yay for lifting heavy! Cant wait to see your progress! :drinker:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I hope you grow to love the benefits that come from it!
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Today I overcame my fear of weights! I was anxious the whole way to the gym, but got there and did what I had to do. I started the stronglift 5x5 program. I started out just lifting the bar. Hopefully I'll be posting a success picture here soon.

AWESOME. Stronglifts 5x5 is a great program.
    I use it.
    As a matter of fact I'm getting ready to start my 2nd 12 weeks.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    YAAAY! :bigsmile:

tumblr_mxvkehgiuV1t0fqljo1_400_zps9a274d87.gif
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Good job girl! I am going to be starting the same thing myself pretty soon. :D

Switching from my trainer to a gym membership, and going to research a lifting program this week.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Get it done girl! I Started my heavy lifting program two weeks ago and I was super nervous. I am still uncomfortable every time I do it, but as soon as I am done I forget about it.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Good job girl! I am going to be starting the same thing myself pretty soon. :D

Switching from my trainer to a gym membership, and going to research a lifting program this week.

New Rules of Lifting For Women is great for beginners, or Stonglifts 5x5 is a popular program.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Sadiyyah70
    Sadiyyah70 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good for you - the results from other women I see here are pretty impressive!!! Working up my nerve to start heavy lifting & super impressed that you are going for it! :drinker:
  • NegaAshley
    NegaAshley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep at it! =)
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Grab the iron, it burns TONS of calories. I'm starved like a woolf after throwing 40 kg kettlebell around at the gym. No need to worry about the guys they are really sweet. Women are the ones that can be really mean. Sad, but true.
  • Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    Options
    Working out with weights and putting on some muscle does wonders for weight loss. It's a fact that the more muscle you have the more calories you burn..that's why men can lose weight easier then women because they naturally have muscle.

I also plan to do some weight training since I found out aerobics and such really don't do as much to lose weight as working with weights! Good luck and keep us posted!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!