Fear no Heavy lifting

Options

Replies

• purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yay! Way to go. You will be setting new PR's in no time. :-) I am so proud of you.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    "No need to worry about the guys they are really sweet. Women b**ches are the one that can be really mean. Sad, but true."

Why did you feel the need to hide the use of a single word when the sentiment is ten times more offensive?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    "No need to worry about the guys they are really sweet. Women b**ches are the one that can be really mean. Sad, but true."

Why did you feel the need to hide the use of a single word when the sentiment is ten times more offensive?

Because MFP hides it for you. :tongue:
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Woot! Lift it, girl! You'll be hitting the big stuff soon enough! And no worries on the guys -- they'll be impressed you're there and going for it! Most of the time, people aren't even really paying attention and just doing their own thing, though! So go, lift, and be merry! :bigsmile:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Stick with it. You'll love it!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the world of lifting!! Kudos for making that first step and crushing your fear. Just make sure you have proper form and safety bars in place and you will do great! :happy:
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm doing Stronglifts and love it, it's a great programme :happy:
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options

Sentiment is offensive because it comes from a real experience, not presumption. For a short while I was a member of an all-women fitness and have no wish to endure icy looks and mean barbs from so-called cardio bunnies. Mind your own fat AS**S, b**tches. I like guys ten times more.
  • logg1e
    Options
    With respect, that's a load of tosh. Are you saying it would be ok to replace the word "women" with "black" or "Jewish" because one person claimed that was their experience? I hope you don't find my posts aggressive harphy, I just think the onus is on all of us to tackle discrimination when we see it, and I think that sexism harms everyone of us.
  • amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Can't wait to see the results from the Stronglifts programme! I've been lifting for about a month now, the gym I go to is a body building gym and full of men! But they're friendly enough and pay themselves more attention than anyone else! I love it though :D I'm reading new rules for women and hope to start that programme soon. Good luck and keep at it ^-^
  • harphy
    Options
    With respect, that's a load of tosh. Are you saying it would be ok to replace the word "women" with "black" or "Jewish" because one person claimed that was their experience? I hope you don't find my posts aggressive harphy, I just think the onus is on all of us to tackle discrimination when we see it, and I think that sexism harms everyone of us.

Give a lecture on discrimination to my female gym colleagues, would you? I was the first one discriminated because I dared to do what not a single woman wanted/dared/wished to do for her body/fitness/muscles/whatever. Keep in record that I live in a society where women don't lift heavy weights. They ?"#$% DON'T! It is considered shamefull, un-womanly and a big taboo. I haven't seen a single woman lift a barbell of 70 kg weight in my entire gym career. A load of tosh...yeah, right.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Do you feel that someone else's success thread is the appropriate platform for your view?
  • logg1e
    Options
    Random, yes, I will challenge discrimination whenever I can, but I take your point. I applaud Leggo's achievement today and I sincerely hope she doesn't give a second thought to anyone making comments along the lines of "fat *kitten* *****es". We need more gym-users like Leggo, showing that the free weights are for everyone's use. It wasn't until I started reading MFP that I even considered one day I might want to use the free weights.
  • harphy
    Options
    Random, yes, I will challenge discrimination whenever I can, but I take your point. I applaud Leggo's achievement today and I sincerely hope she doesn't give a second thought to anyone making comments along the lines of "fat *kitten* *****es". We need more gym-users like Leggo, showing that the free weights are for everyone's use. It wasn't until I started reading MFP that I even considered one day I might want to use the free weights.

No, friend, you need more women like me. The ones who lift in a hostile environemnt no matter what. Maybe some of other female gym-users wil rethink their fitness routine and join me.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    awesome! its going to change your life!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

No, friend, you need more women like me. The ones who lift in a hostile environemnt no matter what. Maybe some of other female gym-users wil rethink their fitness routine and join me.
    lol
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Not likely if you keep calling them names.
  • harphy
    Options
    Not likely if you keep calling them names.

They see me. I haven't had that privilege. And maybe in time they will see positive changes on my body.
    Swimming against current is not a job for sugar babes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!