best cardio and weight routine ?

Options
hi
am 5ft 2
12 stone 3

Am wanting to lose weight and tone up i was wondering if anyone can give advice on best routine on cardio and weights at the gym. i go to gym 4 times a week and do 1hr 30mins of cardio but want to include weights

anyone got any good ideas let me know

Replies

• PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try starting with circuit weight training? There are free interval timer apps for phones, and easy to follow routines available on YouTube.
  • Soulgroovy
    Soulgroovy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi
    The link below has some helpful info on a weight training guide for women. There is other info included so you can take from that what you want to help with weight training. I do use weights in my workout and I find it so much more helpful than just cardio. In fact I have found myself doing more strength training than cardio and noticed how well my body responds to that. So on a typical day for me if I am going to workout for about an hour...I do 20mins of cardio and the rest in weights...free and sometimes machines....depending on how busy the weight area is. I am also a Crossfitter so when I do that, it's a combination of both cardio and strength. Crossfit is what actually really got me into lifting and some personal training sessions at the YMCA. I was intimidated about lifting but once I was shown the correct form and I took my time...I really enjoyed it. Hopefully you can find a happy median as well!!
    :smile:

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    The best cardio would be the one that interests you. Gym classes, dance classes ( a million kinds of dance out there), Martial Arts, a sport with a lot of running (tennis,soccer, running etc...). There are many weight lifting programs. Starting Strength is the one I chose.