My Progress-i need encouragement

Options
rhina23
rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
I still dont have anything to post here since there is really no progress yet. Though i have been dieting for 3 weeks ( less carbs more fruits and veggies) and lost 3 lbs , i still can not say i have made progress.
I will be updating this thread from time to time.

I hope to "hear" encouraging words from you guys!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• rhina23
    Options
    This is how i look like today.

imagejpg1_zpsf8de5937.jpg
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have been doing a specific program that consists of 30 minute worksouts a day and gives me the containers to proportion my food so I know what I am eating and how much I am supposed to be eating a day! Msg me if you're interested in it! I have already lost 9lbs in 3 weeks! wwoo hooo!! I can't wait to get my end results.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP,

You say you have lost 3 lbs, why do you think that's not progress . . . Think about how much 3 pounds of butter, that's a lot of fat :smile:

I would keep that image in my mind whenever I would start thinking about the 1 pound I lost in a month, don't shortchange your efforts. I would also suggest measuring, there will be times when you will lose inches and not so many pounds.

I am not sure if your reference to diet is meant as you are on a diet or just the general term in reference to what you are eating, more fruits and veggies are great but carbs if you mean less processed carbs, might I offer portion control over removing them from your diet. I think this helps keep people from binging and getting discouraged.

Keep up the good work!
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    just keep at it and you will start seeing results! =)
  • sana1314
    sana1314 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Actually your progress is great!
    You don't need to lose more than 1 pound a week, cuz your goal is to lose fat, not muscle.
    Muscles are very important in a fat burning process! What is fat? It's basically an excess energy that is stored in our bodies and you need to USE it... That's when your muscles are going to help you.
    Muscles are burning fat when you're working out or just do everyday stuff that requires some movements. But that is a complecated biochemistry with a lot of boring terms and stuff. Who cares about that when we just need to lose weight ;)
    Just remember to NEVER go on diet ESPECIALLY on a low calories one.
    Never go below 1200 cal a day.
    You body will treat a low calories diet as a famine and simply will lower your metabolism by burning your muscle. And if you'll go back to your old eating habits you'll gain even more weight. So you have to gradually change your eating habits to more healthy stuff but you can still eat a good amount of food and never starve yourself.
    So you have to gradually change your eating habits to more healthy stuff but you can still eat a good amount of food and never starve yourself.
    Keep % of protein high and fat low, you can try 40% protein and 20% fat per day, but its pretty hard so just try to get as close to that number as you can!
    Don't go too crazy with fruits, they are good, but it's still fructose.
    Fructose = complex sugar (a good king of sugar) = but still carbs and you need to get some protein.

And please remember: you didn't gain weight in a week or a month and you can't lose it that fast but if you'll stick to a healthy eating and working out at least 3 times a week you will lose it eventually!!!
    Get ready to wait a few months to really see the visible result in the mirror! But you'll see it!!
    You have an amazing body proportions (judging from the photo) and you just need to put some work into your body and it will change!!!
    If you have any questions you can message me and I'll try my best to help you.
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    A little goes a long way, you got this!!
  • hschiel
    hschiel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I set a goal to lose 20 pounds. I started logging my calories and focusing on better food back in November. I even started using the treadmill I purchased the previous summer. I'm about 5 pounds away from reaching my goal. It's taken me this long so far. I'm not discouraged or even frustrated. I know if I really wanted to, I could buckle down more on my diet. I have a lot of room for improvement there. But I know me, and the more strict or difficult I make this, the higher the chances of me blowing it off.

You might be discouraged by 3 pounds. But if you stick with it at a level you can manage without being miserable, then you will eventually get where you're going. You have to find the balance between your timeline and quality of life.

When I think about how long it's taken me to lose 15 pounds I don't feel very accomplished. But then I think about it in terms of the habits I've developed over that time. I feel like I'm more likely to maintain the weight loss over time.

Keep at it!
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    3 pounds in 3 weeks sounds spot on to me! I have struggled with patience and have been fortunate to have my kind MFP friends remind me just how important it is. This is a slow journey if it is going to last. Be proud of what you have accomplished, practice lots of patience, and keep going.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain in one day and you will not lose in one day! Be nice to yourself and take it slow and kind with exercise and food changes :smile: .
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!
  • vitanova
    vitanova Posts: 3
    Options
    Slow progress IS progress!
  • cafeduus
    cafeduus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!! You have made progress - you've lost 3 pounds!!!!
    Also remember, weight loss is kind of like a three-legged stool. And without
    one of those legs, it might not work.
    1) Nutrition - check, you're doing that.
    2) Cardio - whether you want to walk or run, you need to do a little bit of something.
    Remember a body at rest, stays at rest, a body at motion stays in motion.
    3) Strength Training - doing a little bit something, is better than nothing. Maybe try
    and do girl push-ups the number of your age. Set small goals.

I"m not a fitness expert, but I just think if you do all three, it will make a HUGE
    DIFFERENCE.
    And if nothing else you are doing - GREAT!!!! 3 pounds is better than nothing!!!!!
  • rhina23
    Options
    Thank you very much guys.
    I think I need to be nice to myself . You re right, 3 lbs in 3 weeks is big progress.
    I exercised today for 30 minutes. It should have beeno longer than that bit my back is hurting due to the tae- bo i did the other day.
    I'm really extra careful with the type of exercise I do because I had pulled muscles a year ago and I dont want to experience that again.
  • rhina23
    Options
    Today, i weighed and my scale said 221.9. I dont know what I did wrong but, i am not discouraged. I know i can make it!
    Again, thanks for the good words.
  • rhina23
    Options
    Welcome to MFP,

You say you have lost 3 lbs, why do you think that's not progress . . . Think about how much 3 pounds of butter, that's a lot of fat :smile:

I would keep that image in my mind whenever I would start thinking about the 1 pound I lost in a month, don't shortchange your efforts. I would also suggest measuring, there will be times when you will lose inches and not so many pounds.

I am not sure if your reference to diet is meant as you are on a diet or just the general term in reference to what you are eating, more fruits and veggies are great but carbs if you mean less processed carbs, might I offer portion control over removing them from your diet. I think this helps keep people from binging and getting discouraged.

Keep up the good work!

I will put that butter picture in mind. You re right, 3 lbs of butter is a lot of fat. :)
    Thanks.
  • rhina23
    Options
    Hi there!
    Actually your progress is great!
    You don't need to lose more than 1 pound a week, cuz your goal is to lose fat, not muscle.
    Muscles are very important in a fat burning process! What is fat? It's basically an excess energy that is stored in our bodies and you need to USE it... That's when your muscles are going to help you.
    Muscles are burning fat when you're working out or just do everyday stuff that requires some movements. But that is a complecated biochemistry with a lot of boring terms and stuff. Who cares about that when we just need to lose weight ;)
    Just remember to NEVER go on diet ESPECIALLY on a low calories one.
    Never go below 1200 cal a day.
    You body will treat a low calories diet as a famine and simply will lower your metabolism by burning your muscle. And if you'll go back to your old eating habits you'll gain even more weight. So you have to gradually change your eating habits to more healthy stuff but you can still eat a good amount of food and never starve yourself.
    So you have to gradually change your eating habits to more healthy stuff but you can still eat a good amount of food and never starve yourself.
    Keep % of protein high and fat low, you can try 40% protein and 20% fat per day, but its pretty hard so just try to get as close to that number as you can!
    Don't go too crazy with fruits, they are good, but it's still fructose.
    Fructose = complex sugar (a good king of sugar) = but still carbs and you need to get some protein.

And please remember: you didn't gain weight in a week or a month and you can't lose it that fast but if you'll stick to a healthy eating and working out at least 3 times a week you will lose it eventually!!!
    Get ready to wait a few months to really see the visible result in the mirror! But you'll see it!!
    You have an amazing body proportions (judging from the photo) and you just need to put some work into your body and it will change!!!
    If you have any questions you can message me and I'll try my best to help you.

Thanks for the advice. Will put that in mind.
  • rhina23
    Options
    This is how i look like today 4/27/14 . I think i am making progress. What do you say guys?
    I do exercise and proper diet (i think) .
    I am still bad on getting the right food but I cut down on carbs and eat more protein.

a02957a7-4a88-4660-a6ee-e03314b76fde_zps4a1c0f8f.jpg
  • crystal_oo
    crystal_oo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference. Keep on trucking! You're doing great!
  • rhina23
    Options
    I definitely see a difference. Keep on trucking! You're doing great!

Thanks so much.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!