What should I do to lose fat on my waist, chest and thighs?

Options
Hi, I have been jogging the past 3 months by running every single day whenever I have long break or sometimes after classes.
I have lost around 20kg and now weigh 98.6kg which I checked 3 days ago.
At the moment I run 5 miles a day and 7 days a week which according to Nike+ I burn around 800 calories every run.
I'm a student and I want to use my spring break to lose more weight as possible.
After running, I usually do 30 squats, 30 push-ups with my knees holding me down as I can't do it without the help of my knees, 30 sit-ups.

What do I need to do to lose more fat faster from my thighs, waist (and butt)? Is it possible to it by 2 inches in two weeks?
Also I want to reduce the size of my man boobs and maybe work on it. As my friend told that if I want to build my body, it's easier to work on your chest if you're once fat but it's harder to create a six-pack abs. As for if you're once thin or slim, it's the opposite.

Replies

• skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    it takes time, theres no fast anything , do squats for your butt and thighs and weights for your arms, 4-6 weeks youll notice a difference, also the abs thing isn't true, I come from 230 pounds, lost it 17 years ago I lost it and yes I had abs, up until I gained some weight recently , now I only have 1 ab :laugh:
    crunch crunch and planks planks planks its do able , youll get there
  • SpamInACan
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. No pill, no fitness program and no fad will spot reduce sadly. Instead keep doing what your doing as the muscle is still there just under a layer of fat. Continue to reduce calories and body fat % and you will slowly see more muscle. This won' t happen over night so keep at it. All the best also edit to add your friend is right. I would start lifting maybe google a strong lift program and start asap. You wont regret starting now but you will regret starting later :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Where the weight comes off is entirely determined by genetics.

Lose weight, and your problem areas will eventually get smaller.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce..

I would say continue eating in a calorie deficit of 500 per day.
    set macro percent to 40 protein, 30 carbs, 30 fats
    lift heavy using compound movements < starting strength and new rules of lifting are great resources.
    if you want continue running on off days from lifting..

repeat until you get desired results..
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    You can not spot reduce but cardio and weight training will help you along. THe upside to this is that men tend to lose it in the stomach and chest area before women do. Don't try to put a time limit on it, instead make yourself lots and lots of smaller goals to achieve. Do push ups. That will work the chest and arms and back. Do bench press, Butterfly exercises help too... Your best bet is to do whatever weight training you can do. If you aren't able to afford a fitness trainer, go to youtube. I love youtube for this kind of thing. its free and tons of fitness trainers make daily/weekly videos on just this thing. I am no expert of course but I try to learn as much as I can when I can. Your best bet is too keep up the cardio and eat at a deficit and it will come off before you know it. (Lose weight in the kitchen, get fit in the gym)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Eat less.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce..

lift heavy using compound movements < starting strength and new rules of lifting are great resources.

To add to his great advice, you can add in a little cardio, like a 30 minute run, on lifting days as well. I do cardio after lifts when I'm cutting as it helps free up calories and increase the deficit.
  • soonillbehot
    soonillbehot Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I appreciate it. I guess I just have to be patient and increase my sit-ups, squats and push-ups to 5 sets. Also, I'll start to work on my arms.
  • belle0226
    belle0226 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try calorie deficit and maybe a little weights to shape things how you want them when the fat goes away.
  • teddylee337
    teddylee337 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No real secret. Lose body fat% and you will get there.
    Don't even have to do an ab workout in your life to see abs.
    Body fat% goes down, you will see definition.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Nothing. You can't spot reduce.

Calorie deficit and lifting heavy weights will reduce overall body fat, but where your body chooses to burn the fat from first is a luck of the genetic draw.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce..

To add to his great advice, you can add in a little cardio, like a 30 minute run, on lifting days as well. I do cardio after lifts when I'm cutting as it helps free up calories and increase the deficit.
    she didn't read where you said you run 5 miles a day, lol
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I appreciate it. I guess I just have to be patient and increase my sit-ups, squats and push-ups to 5 sets. Also, I'll start to work on my arms.

I would dump the sit-ups personally. They are an extremely inefficient exercise, and honestly, aren't doing what you thing/are hoping for.

Look into body weight routines... Your Body is a Gym, Convict Conditioning, etc....
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce..

she didn't read where you said you run 5 miles a day, lol

Ummm, yes she did.

OP 1: Run only on off days from lifting.
    OP 2: Maybe run 30 min after lifting (Saying rather than just running on off days from lifting, throw in a little after.)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Work out, eat less. If you want a 6 pack you will probably have to work with weights.
  • DPruneda17
    DPruneda17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Add weights! Make sure those squats have weights. Either by holding 15lb (or higher!) dumbbells, or with a barbell. Some of the comments listed above have some good ideas on weights. Get a good weight training program going, on top of your running, and you will see some good results!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce fat. Hit the weights and add do some interval runs on top of you're running. Like holding a 95% sprint for 60 sec then rest 60 sec and repeat until you no longer can make it 60 sec. I'm a long distance runner and I do these regularly. Gave me major results.
  • soonillbehot
    soonillbehot Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Woah lots of great advice. I'm going to get some dumbbells on Tuesday.

Should I have a day-off from working out? How often should that be?

Thanks