Do you workout when poorly?

Options
To be fair, I rarely get ill but earlier this week, I started off with a cough (think it was initially brought on through stress so my immune system was running low) which has turned into a full blown head/chest cold. I feel ROUGH; and its actually affected my asthma which is normally so mild I don't even use inhalers regularly!. I worked out this morning but could feel myself struggle by the end of it and then had to lie on the settee for a good 20 mins to recover (this never happens so definitely due to being ill).

Just wondering if any of you carry on your normal workout regime whilst ill?

Replies

• thomregan
    thomregan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Usually, if I'm sick enough to feel a real drain on my workout (so, more than a sniffle), I try to rest and let my body heal faster.
  • CDogg17
    CDogg17 Posts: 27
    Options
    The rule of thumb I've heard and always followed is ~ if it's above your neck, it's okay to workout (nose, head, throat, etc.), if it's below your neck, don't workout (chest congestion, cough, upset stomach).

Of course, there are exceptions, but this rule generally works for me.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    The things that prevent me from working out have been fitness related. Tweaked my back, rolled my ankle... Otherwise I can't say I've really had the opportunity to answer that question. Even when feeling somewhat under the weather I usually just wind up taking a vacation day that begins or ends with a workout