Swap this for that!

Options
I'm not sure if this has been done before but I thought it would be fun to share any healthy food swaps we've adopted into our lifestyles.

One for me is:

Ice cream for low fat greek yoghurt!

Replies

• mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Coffee with lots of cream and sugar for tea with a little milk and sugar. Fun idea. Next!
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mashed cauliflower for mashed potatoes
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Sliced broiled zucchini with tomato sauce and cheese on top instead of pizza.

Home made baked kale chips instead of potato chips.

Home made steeped iced teas instead of juice.

Frozen grapes instead of ice cream.
  • maskedbelleza
    maskedbelleza Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ice cream for frozen banana "ice cream". You can easily make variations (chocolate, strawberry, etc.)
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Instead of using tortilla wraps I put all my fajita mix inside a massive lettuce leaf. Chucked the biscuits and have an oatcake instead
  • Lilenatalem
    Lilenatalem Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mashed cauliflower for mashed potatoes

I have tried this so many times and I just cant stand it. I have to add SOO much salt/chickenstock during the blending to make it taste good. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

For me apple sauce for sugar in my cooking (specifically banana bread)
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Instead of pop (I'm Canadian), one can of carbonated water with a splash of 100% pineapple juice (not from concentrate) and then add in some raspberries, strawberries for fun.
  • curvyin2014
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza crust yum!

Also applesauce instead of oil in baking
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt frozen bars instead of the love of my life...ice cream.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me sad. Good luck off to have my last chocolate of the night
  • suecatjkl
    suecatjkl Posts: 13
    Options
    baked corn tortilla instead of fried tortilla

peanut shake for ice cream shake

coconut milk for cream and milk

lots of fruit instead of snicker doodle cookies
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Kombucha instead of Soda its an expensive alternative but I only drank soda a few times a week to begin with.
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    coconut creamer, frozen greek yogurt bars,
  • emmyjoyful
    Options
    For mashed: I use about half cauliflower half potato. Nobody even notices.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me sad. Good luck off to have my last chocolate of the night

Why does it make you sad?

People aren't saying they will never have their favourite thing ever again - but if you are going to lose weight, you are going to have to make some changes to your eating habits ( and/or do more exercise) .
    So if one of their changes is swapping, say, a regular snack of ice cream to a snack of frozen grapes, why is this sad?
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Carrots for a least some of the normal crackers/chips with dip. Works for me.
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ice cream for fat free pudding.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I swapped Aldi mutligrain or 100% wheat "Sandwich Skinnies" for hamburger buns. I sometimes swap them (or 1/2 of one) for toast, too (for making breakfast sandwiches).

Also, swap baby carrots for pita chips when eating hummus...or do something like have 8 baby carrots and 5-6 falafel chips or pita chips with hummus.

While I don't think almond milk is some magical wonderful thing, I enjoy it in place of dairy milk sometimes and it has fewer calories.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    fresh fruits of all kinds for most sweets. Used to love bakery sweets. I don't even miss them anymore. I have an occasional treat, but the fruit does it for me. As for chocolate, if I really want it, I fit it into my goal for the day.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I cant say I have swapped anything,

I did start using one slice of toast with jam and peanut butter for breakfast instead of making a sandwich.