My MFP Friend that motivates me! (PIC)

Options
MFP is great when it comes to acclimating to a lifestyle of health, fitness, and nutrition. It's great that we can connect to others striving for the same goals and support each other when we need it. I'd like to take this opportunity to recognize an individual on my friends list. In order to push ourselves further and become better, we had a wager...

The Wager
Jamie AKA "SargesSexyOne" and I had a bet. Thirty days ago, I asked her to quit smoking. Within that thirty days, I had to strive to run a distance of 13 miles straight without slowing past 5mph. As a result, the loser had to post a forum topic proclaiming their "love" for the other person. It's all in good fun, but adds another level of motivation during our journey. I'm so proud of Jamie for lasting so long. I was a former smoker, so I understand how difficult it can be.

Jamie, here's your prize!

6hbXKAL.jpg

You are one of my first MFP friends. You motivate and inspire me everyday. We challenge each other and you are truly my friend :flowerforyou:. I believe we should leverage these relationships, and not only push ourselves, but challenge our friends as well and we benefit as a family.

Again, sensational job for sticking with it so long. I'm so lucky we've connected and hope we continue for a long time!

By the way...
I did manage to run that 13 miles :wink:. I was going to post my accomplishment on my feed and say "Look at me! Look at what I have done!" However, your success completely eclipses mine. Honestly, I had no intention of running that far. This was simply a ploy to get you healthier. I did feel guilty since I wasn't holding up my end of the bargain. So I did it. I pushed myself. It was one of the hardest things I've done. I'm still sore as I'm typing this, but I want to let you know that I couldn't let you down. :happy:

Z5aQ1pR.jpg

Thanks Jamie!!

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    This post is so full of awesome. Congratulations to both of you for your accomplishments! :flowerforyou:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you for your awesome accomplishments! Love this post!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!! I have had so many friends along the way that helped me surpass any goals I ever imagined for myself. Great job for the both of you!
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you!
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Awesome post Steve! Both of you deserve a huge congrats. This is what friends are for!
  • HappyBlues
    HappyBlues Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Completely awesome! :) Congrats to you both!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awesome post Steve! Both of you deserve a huge congrats. This is what friends are for!

Jeremy, you're next :wink:
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing job to you both!!!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you for your accomplishments! Isn't it amazing the kind of friends we can make in internet land :heart:
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    #tearinmyeye
  • cggrlsteph
    cggrlsteph Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you! What a great post!!
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Congrats to you both & best wishes. Thanks for sharing this post, made my day!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    And THIS is what MFP is all about!!

Congrats to both of you on reaching your goals!
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I am honored and proud to call you friend. It is the inspiration and support from friends like you that keep me going from day to day. Thank you for all that you are and all that you push me to be. :heart: :flowerforyou:

PS. I guess I have a sign to make after all :wink:
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, you are *both* pretty awesome people! Steve, my friend, you did great. I'm really proud of you! :heart: :bigsmile:
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Great job by both of you.
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome!! Congrats to you both of you!!!
  • cupcakesANDiron
    Options
    You guys are soooooooooo AWESOME! Both of you guys. Great job Jamie for sticking to it & great job Steve-o for running the 13. You both inspire me. WAY TO GO! :drinker: