trying to get rid of unhealthy relationship with food

Options
um you can call me TC and first and foremost would like to wanting to stop wanting to eat so much. even as a young child i would have the need to constantly eat and all thought childhood was and still is that fatty. then stopping hanging around people because I got mad when they eat. in my mind it was like they were taking food away from me and it all deserved to mine.

seeing how i am losing my youth finally time to start losing fat because that fatter i get the more self-sabotaging i gave up on all facets of life for eating.

Replies

• kelli_panzera
    Options
    Welcome. When you finally have that feeling that you're ready to change, you will. Any time you get to doubting yourself, look back and remember how you felt when you decided to do this in the first place :)
    Don't be too hard on yourself, because it's not easy...and feel free to add me if you need a friend!
  • LinaHelseth
    Options
    Hey, TC. Welcome to MFP!

I understand how you feel, and I'm sure there are plenty of others here who do the same.
    You say you tend to crave food a lot, but you don't specify what types of food you crave.

I'd strongly urge you to eat healthy foods, like vegetables and fruit, when you're hungry.
    Although portions matter, those types of food are unlikely to make you gain weight like unhealthy food like highly saturated foods like junk food.

When I find myself in a craving, I choose to snack on strawberries and melon, and this not only satisfy my hunger, but also leaves me satisfied.
    It makes me full and doesn't leave me feeling guilty that I literally stuffed my face.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. Looking at people's dairies may help you as well. :)