Cheat weekend! Feel guilty! Diet tips for the week please???

Options
Hi everyone!

Ok so with it being Easter, having two kiddies and chocolate EVERYWHERE! I've had a massive cheat weekend and consumed what feels like a weeks worth of calories and now I feel terrible :( I still have the issue of wanting to reduce the fat on my stomach, although it's not much I really feel like eating all this junk food has been a massive set back! Anyone got any ideas how I should go about my weekly diet this week? I'm eating at a deficit anyway but should I cut this even more? Maybe have a protein shake day for the next few days? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) thanks xx

Replies

• Dalker
    Dalker Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I ate far too much over the weekend. Going back to my usual calories. Don't try to starve yourself to make up for it, it'll only make it harder to stick to it. If I eat too much I immediately gain pounds and inches and I'm bloated but it's mostly water and it will disappear quick enough. Getting back on track is the most important thing, don't stress trying to compensate, just carry on.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Just carry on as normal. One weekend of bad eating is not going to impact your long term goals. Why ruin a nice time with family over some extra food. Seriously ? I imagine 90% of the population of the USA and UK etc. overindulged today.
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Cardio, lots of it lol.
  • leah9985
    leah9985 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cardio, lots of it lol.

Haha I intend to do this in the morning!!
  • leah9985
    Options
    It's hard to not feel guilty but I guess I should just forget it and move on :) thanks peeps!
  • ccf_trainer
    ccf_trainer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I suggest you drink a lot of water because it will help eliminate toxins. With Easter being one of the bigger cheat days (HELLO), you are bound to eat a lot for dinner, or consume a lot of sugar (or both, more than likely). Most of us are guilty of indulging at least a few times in a while. Don't feel guilty about it. The best advice I can really give you is to pace yourself, and eat in the same portions as you normally do. You can get second helpings, or third. Doesn't matter. It's a day to indulge. Any holiday is, really. Just make sure you don't completely fall off the wagon, get back into your routine tomorrow, and you'll be fine. For now, enjoy Easter with your family and friends. :)
  • leah9985
    Options
    I suggest you drink a lot of water because it will help eliminate toxins. With Easter being one of the bigger cheat days (HELLO), you are bound to eat a lot for dinner, or consume a lot of sugar (or both, more than likely). Most of us are guilty of indulging at least a few times in a while. Don't feel guilty about it. The best advice I can really give you is to pace yourself, and eat in the same portions as you normally do. You can get second helpings, or third. Doesn't matter. It's a day to indulge. Any holiday is, really. Just make sure you don't completely fall off the wagon, get back into your routine tomorrow, and you'll be fine. For now, enjoy Easter with your family and friends. :)

Couldn't have asked for better advice....that's given me the boost I needed and I'll be right back on it tomorrow! Thank you :)
  • kellyj0729
    kellyj0729 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Same!!!! Had way too much ham, potatoes and sugar! I am dreading logging calories for today. I agree with everyone else... I will start drinking lots of water and eat a light dinner. And get back on track tomorrow!
  • amousey80
    amousey80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i think i ate my body weight in choccy.. lol.. but my bad foodiness started thursday.. i was going to have 1 day off plan.. and now im upto 4 days off plan.. grrr why is it so hard to get back into it? tryinfg to get my butt back into gear today and hoping it can stay that way.. all i can say is at least i hit the gym... lol without that i would have been in more trouble..
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It's not just a weekend, it's a long weekend and we've still got Monday to get through!! I'm now half way down a bottle of Morgan's Spiced rum and have been eating chocolate but come Tuesday I'll be back on it like a boss!!! Sometimes does you good to have a blowout :smokin: :drinker:
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Yep, over did it today myself as well. Logged honestly and as accurately as I could without my food scale. (went to my brothers) Had a wonderful time with family. I will start again tomorrow with my regular routine. Good luck to the rest of you on the same journey!
  • thomregan
    thomregan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I had 1300 calories in chocolates and candy before I gave the rest of my Easter basket to my brother and sister-in-law. :D

I'll probably ending up going a bit over maintenance calories tonight between booze and dinner, but I plan on just getting back to normal come tomorrow and hopefully it will even out in the next week or two.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Ya, I also stuffed myself silly, yesterday and today went well over 4k cals on both days where I normally eat 1250ish. Feeling terribly guilty so reading other people's opinions have helped. I have also logged everything honestly but am back on it on Tuesday! Good luck everyone returning to normality!
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I would log everything, see what the actual damage was and then eat normally next week (sort of). If you work out, I would eat back those calories till your at least 1200 Net and stop there. For me, that works out to a couple hundred calories a day, but in the course of 1 week, I would have made up for the one bad day. I am very overweight though, so this isn't super bad for me. If it's not worth it or you only have a couple of pounds to loose, then eat normally, and your set up deficit will work itself out.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Really watch your salt intake over the next few days. It will make your weight drop faster. Everything is so loaded with sodium that you don't even realize how much you are taking in. When I do that, limiting sodium for a few days helps me get back down to normal weight a lot faster. Even though it's mostly psychological, seeing the number on the scale move in encouraging.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on:)
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I overate on the weekend, my goal is set to 1.5 pounds a week, but if I change my goal to lose 1 pound a week I am still well with my calorie range for the week. Dong this and having a look at your weekly numbers on the app will really put it into perspective for you. Will I still lose 1.5 pounds? No, but I am still set to lose, 1 or 2 days do not make a diet :flowerforyou:
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm sure just about everyone went over this weekend. Everyone else is a liar!..lol My best advise is to move on,enjoy the fact that you were able to spend time with your family,and just get right back on track tomorrow. We all go off the deep end from time to time,it's what you do starting tomorrow that makes the difference. Good luck to you!