Denver - summer holiday (vacation)?

Options
Onedayslimmfp
Onedayslimmfp Posts: 23 Member
Hi there

Thinking of Denver for this years summer vacation (mid July).

Would you recommend it? Don't mind the heat :smile:

As Brits, we've done Florida (obviously), California, Arizona and Nevada. We enjoyed Scottsdale as it wasn't very commercialized but had everything we like. Nice hotel, good restaurants, shopping & baseball.

Thoughts anyone?

Replies

• Onedayslimmfp
    Onedayslimmfp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I love Denver, it's a great city. To be honest, if we could move there, I wouldn't hesitate.
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Denver is a lovely place and is worth the trip regardless of the time of the year.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Colorado, in general, is fantastic... all year long.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation in Denver. All of Colorado is fabulous. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Culture, sports....legal weed...??
  • mi2ak2co
    mi2ak2co Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We live in and love Colorado. Most folks visit here for the outdoor mountain experiences which are amazing but often short on shopping. Denver has good hotels, a nice baseball stadium (though our team is struggling this year), good food, shopping and hotels but you would miss the spirit of the state if you did not head up the mountains. Aspen or Telluride would have upscale shopping,There are historic (mining, recent history relative to Europe!) hotels in those towns and Estes Park among many others. Hydrate, it is dry at altitude. It will often be cool to cold in the mountains (We have watched 4th or July fireworks in the snow in Summit County). Denver and the plains will hotter, afternoon thunderstorms are common in July.
    Hope you have a great time.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You might consider Breckenridge or Grand Lake or any of the mountain towns. Or check out the Bar NI ranch near Trinidad. It's a dude ranch set in it's own valley. It's a well kept secret and books up fast.