Went HAM today... literally.

Options
So, I've been using MFP to really keep control of my eating (sometimes sodium and sugar are hard to keep under, but I'm never anywhere close to my calorie goal... sugar is tough because I eat a ton of fruit!)

Anyways, today is Easter and while I was able to log my breakfast well enough I had a pretty sizable dinner. A lot of stuff is homemade recipes that will be tough to track together all of the parts for plus I'm not really sure how much exactly I had. It's going to be tough to log it! Do you think I should just try my best to put it all down or what?

Replies

• 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yep take your best guess.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Log your best guess and move on. This is about averages not any one day. Good luck.
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Log it the best you can.

I logged my damage, could have been much worse!
  • TheRealKingTony
    TheRealKingTony Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I might even be under my calorie goal but I'm guessing sugars and sodium are gonna be clocking high! I've been good so far though so I'm not too worried.
  • incantarix
    Options
    I went Ham today also. I feel like I might even BE ham right now. I had to do the same thing, and guestimate. I think there were whispers around the brunch table this morning, something like, "Why is she holding various meats in the palm of her hand? What's wrong with her?" That was me trying to estimate a serving of meat. My life.
  • running_tall
    running_tall Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ok, I probably shouldn't post to this thread, because I've really gotten slack with my food logging lately. BUT...I will say that when I was really faithful, I logged everything I ate. Everything. Even gum. And when I went to a potluck, or had family meals where there were lots of homemade dishes...I logged them too. I would just find something in the database that was as close as possible. And sometimes I'd do custom calories and "overshoot" just to be safe. I was really successful and was losing steadily. I think that faithful and honest food logging was the key to my success. In some ways even more so than exercise. Good luck! :)
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yes that's what I did
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Ok, I probably shouldn't post to this thread, because I've really gotten slack with my food logging lately. BUT...I will say that when I was really faithful, I logged everything I ate. Everything. Even gum. And when I went to a potluck, or had family meals where there were lots of homemade dishes...I logged them too. I would just find something in the database that was as close as possible. And sometimes I'd do custom calories and "overshoot" just to be safe. I was really successful and was losing steadily. I think that faithful and honest food logging was the key to my success. In some ways even more so than exercise. Good luck! :)
    ^This. Did it today. Try to overestimate rather than underestimate. You can find tons of things in the database that are close.
  • TheRealKingTony
    TheRealKingTony Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well I got it all in there and went over in pretty much everything except carbs lol. Oh well, at least doing this allows me to have days like this here and there. I did other diets before and always had to watch other people eat good stuff on holidays!

Not really too bad tho, less than 100 over on calories! Let's not talk about sodium though lol...