My name is Stephanie and I'm trying to lose and be healthy

Hey!
I'm new here and love it so far. I like having others know how I feel and can make friends, give/get advice, and just talk. I'm 26 and am trying to lose 65 lbs. I'm at 199 right now after losing 5 last week. I have been eating better and exercising way more. I want to be overall in a healthy lifestyle. I hope to reach my goal and make friends while doing it. I'd love any tips you all have.

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Good luck! You'll find great success here, if you are willing to put in the work. And it sounds like you are. :)
  • feel free to add me :heart: this stands to anyone one that needs help:flowerforyou:
  • Thank you, and yes I am! Hard work means lbs off to me lol
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Feel free to add me!

We CAN DO IT!!
  • marvinq42
    marvinq42 Posts: 31 Member
    Good luck! You'll find lot's of support here!
  • Thanks everyone! You are all awesome, I've been without others doing the same lol so it is nice. I look forward to meeting and chatting with you great people.
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Welcome, good luck in your quest. I have found this place to be a huge asset .
  • happynunn
    happynunn Posts: 13 Member
    Hi Stephanie, Ive just joined too :) and also looking forward to making new friends. I'm double your age ..and 196lbs so we're close on the weight lol. I want to loose 28lbs. Good luck and feel free to friend me too
    jan x
  • carlmj
    carlmj Posts: 3
    I just joined as well. It is amazing what you see when you really take the time to track what your eating and doing exercise and just movement in general. I got the fitbit to help track my activity, and that is very interesting results.

Good Luck to us all!!

Carl
  • ccf_trainer
    ccf_trainer Posts: 86 Member
    Hello Stephanie! There really isn't much advice or tips I can give after reading your post, because you are already doing an awesome job! Congrats on the 5 lbs.! I think the thing I can tell you is to keep it up! You're doing great, so keep going! You have momentum, and it's very important that you stay consistent. If you have a routine that you enjoy and that challenges you, you are on your way. Consistency is the key. This is the same thing I tell all of my clients. You got this!
  • Good luck!! Feel free to add me :)
  • annblahow1618
    annblahow1618 Posts: 21 Member
    Hey Stephanie! I'm kinda new on here as well- been on here a month, trying my second attempt at my final weight loss goal (I made it 1/2 before, now I'm going for the other half). Feel free to add me- I'm always up for new fitness friends. :smile:
  • Thanks for the big welcome! I look forward to losing and learning from the ones who have done well.
  • Hi! I have also just started, and have found everyone here to be super helpful and encouraging. I feel like I have been working so hard at this for the past 10 days, that things are different for me so far. Measuring food and holding myself accountable to what I put into my mouth, as well as forcing myself to exercise even though I hate exericse, has really helped keep me focused. Please feel free to add me if you are looking for more friends!
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Feel free to add me as well!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Hey Stephanie! I have obtained my goal weight.It takes you to make the commitment to change your lifestyle. We (your friends) can support you but without making the total commitment, your weight loss will not happen. I do not see that as a problem for you asyou are doing a great job!!

Feel free to add me.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Welcome Stephanie!
    Sounds like you have the right attitude and desire to get those lbs off!!! Friends on MFP are the key they are always so motivating and helpful and understand when you have a setback - big or small..
    please feel free to add me!!!

Good luck to you
  • nuts4elephant
    nuts4elephant Posts: 21 Member
    you go girl! i believe in you:)
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Keep with it. It's really fairly simple (at least to say). Simply count calories accurately and stick to the plan. Sometimes you need to manually adjust your calorie goal, but I found the MFP calculations to be pretty much on target.

If you can get some exercise in, that helps too. Remember that exercise gets easier as you shed pounds. I tried to take up running a year ago, when I was about 35 pounds overweight, and had some knee issues. Switched to lower impact exercise, and kept up with the calorie counting. Now I'm down to a healthy weight, and not only did the weight loss alleviate my knee problems, I'm now training for my first marathon.
  • Yes, the friendly motivation helps, I joined a little over a week ago but just now got to the forums. It's been great so far. I like to dance so I've been trying to do ballet, ballroom, zumba, and even line dance lol every night. I walk in the morning or afternoon, and add in high impact cardio workouts 4 times a week also. Online workout videos have been what help me. They are my greatest tool.