What should I eat?

Options
Hello Everyone!

I had an Activia yogurt for breakfast and a peaches and cream packet of oatmeal for breakfast/snack. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas for what I should have for lunch I'm getting sick of the same ol same ol any ideas would be helpful!

Thank you
:happy:

Replies

• francescorkill
    Options
    Let me recommend some cookbooks for you. They are fabulous and give you a great array of variety to choose from. I have three cookbooks and rotate all my meals throughout. I actually use them to plan my week's worth of meals.

Better Homes & Garden Eat Well Lose Weight
    Hungry Girl 200 Recipes under 200 Calories
    Eat What You Crave

All list out what is in it including caloires, fats, proteins, sugars, fiber etc. I absolutely love them! I love to cook anyway and this just makes it even better. I never get sick of what I'm eating.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    something with protein. Maybe a chicken veggie stir fry or salad with salmon on it. ????
    A burger patty on lettuce :)
  • francescorkill
    Options
    Let me recommend some cookbooks for you. They are fabulous and give you a great array of variety to choose from. I have three cookbooks and rotate all my meals throughout. I actually use them to plan my week's worth of meals.

Better Homes & Garden Eat Well Lose Weight
    Hungry Girl 200 Recipes under 200 Calories
    Eat What You Crave

All list out what is in it including caloires, fats, proteins, sugars, fiber etc. I absolutely love them! I love to cook anyway and this just makes it even better. I never get sick of what I'm eating.

Also, order on Barnes and Noble.com you can order and get free shipping!
  • shnlulu
    Options
    try a wap, but with no :smile: bread, wrap chicken breast in lettus, and inside have tomatoe, little cheese , cucumber like a veggie wrap.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I love greek orzo pasta salad (cold): orzo pasta, kalamata olives, tomatoes, feta, pepper, olive oil....yummy and healthy!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Try to incorporate more fresh and less pre packaged. If you're short on time like me- your crock pot can become your best friend and it can do so much more than just soups and stews (I often cook my chicken breasts in mine). I actually have a low fat chicken tortilla soup in mine right now made with tons of fresh (and cheap) ingredients such as onion, cilantro, fresh jalapeno, tomatoes, etc. I check allrecipes.com for keywords such as low cal and/or low fat and it pulls tons of things up. A small investment in some spices (can even find them at the Dollar Tree) and you can be a gourmet cook!!!

I don't eat much pre-packaged- but I am in love with Morningstar Original Grillers burgers. They taste just like a regular hamburger, are 130 calories, and put on a sandwich thin (like Earthgrains- lowest sodium I've found) and fresh tomato, lettuce leaf, mustard, etc. and it makes a divine and very quick meal. I heat mine in the microwave for 45 seconds then flip and 45 seconds on the other side. In less than 2 minutes I have a burger. Pair with some carrot chip slices and some hummus or some Sensible Portions potato straws and you'll never want a fast food burger and fries again I promise!!!
  • 0JuicyLucy0
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the great ideas. I can't wait for lunch now mmmm!