How can this be true?

Options
I happen to grab Kosher whole Dill from Walmart and surprised to see it has zero calories.

The nutrition info says zero Calories. fat and cholesterol.
1g of carb and 15% sodium.

Can there be food with zero calories and is it healthy?
Am I getting anything out of it?

Appreciate your replies.

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My guess is that one serving has less than one calorie. If you eat a lot of servings, you will have calories to count.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    My guess is that one serving has less than one calorie. If you eat a lot of servings, you will have calories to count.

Exactly. For something like that the calorie count is something like 5 or so....within the margin of error the government allows...so effectively, they can say its zero. Its pretty close.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    1 gram of carbohydrates = 4 calories.
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Effectively it is zero calories--however, if you have to watch your sodium be careful because dill pickles are high in it.
  • debr1126
    debr1126 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The other day I checked the label on a jar of Mt. Olive dill pickles and for the first time noticed that even though they are only 5 calories per serving, a "serving" is 1/4 of a pickle.

Who eats 1/4 of a pickle?!?!?
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ^ I certainly don't. Pickles are my weakness!
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It's like me and the Bruno's Wax Hot Peppers. I can eat the whole jar. But 20 calories for a serving of peppers isn't bad.
  • xplosion80
    xplosion80 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I guess this is little mis-information. zero calories when multiplied by number of servings is still zero. LOL.
  • Sun_Wukong
    Sun_Wukong Posts: 131
    Options
    ^ I certainly don't. Pickles are my weakness!
    IKR!

8sUaq1O.jpg
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    If one serving has less than 5 calories manufacturers legally can print 0 calories. Nothing has 0 calories, not even diet coke. ONLY WATER