30 year old 5 ft 3 65 lbs to lose possibly with pcos too

Hi all! My name is Jennifer and I'm trying to lose around 65 lbs. I went to the Dr because I was missing my monthly cycles and couldn't seem to lose any weight and she mentioned Pcos and ran a little blood work. Anyway the results were for my thyroid and some other tests and they came back normal but she said she would like to put me on metformin and see if I lose some weight. I'm finally starting to lose it but it's coming off extremely slow. I would like to meet some buddies on here to encourage and get some encouragement as well so add me if you're interested!

Replies

• MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    request sent :-)
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    PCOS here with all the bells and whistles. Not using any meds yet besides the synthroid I've been on 20+ years, though. Sent you a friend request
  • PCOS here too, I'm 26 and working to lose about 75 pounds... Request sent from me too :)
  • JennsJourney30
    JennsJourney30 Posts: 99 Member
    i am also 30 and find it very hard to lose weight with PCOS. I have had it since I was 16. I have never had normal periods. Its very hard. I am starting back today to try to get a healthier.
  • adelebar
    adelebar Posts: 2 Member
    I've just signed up on here today. I have PCOS as well and I need to get my health in check. Trying to figure out what are the best foods to eat. Its kind of overwhelming.
  • I was just diagnosed recently with PCOS. Almost a week of taking meds. Still trying to learn about it. Request sent. :)