is this okay..?

Options
First I want to say if this isn't healthy you don't have to get all rude about it.

Anyway, I eat 1663 cals a day. I burn between 400-800 but of course I eat it back. I never feel sick or tired and my weight loss is slow.( just lost my first pound! Yay) I just wanted to check if this was alright? I dont aim to burn a certain number but I end up having fun and wanting to do more so I just eat them back. Thanks and goodnight/happy easter

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yeah seems fine as long as it is working for you. I am impressed that you calculated it down to 1663 every day, haha. :laugh:
  • Pumpchkincutiee
    Options
    *high five*
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah seems fine as long as it is working for you. I am impressed that you calculated it down to 1663 every day, haha. :laugh:

Probably eats the same thing each day :happy:
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Try not eating all your calories back and see what happens.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I feel as long as you keep losing you are doing well. Some people like to lose weight quickly and for others it's best and more comfortable for them to lose it slowly, they seem to stay more committed to it if they are not having the starving feeling they might get from the quick weight lose. I hope they come across cleary, i tend to ramble on sometimes. Good luck on your journey.
  • Pumpchkincutiee
    Options
    Thanks
  • Pumpchkincutiee
    Options
    I see someone is still hungry. I will eat my exercise calories back. Thanks for replying, even if it is snarky.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I see someone is still hungry. I will eat my exercise calories back. Thanks for replying, even if it is snarky.

I didn't take it as being snarky. I think he's just implying if you want to lose a little more you could eat back a little less. 1700 calories for a female is well within comfortable range of a healthy intake. If you see your progress slow down, you can eat back 50-100cal less and see if it picks up again.
  • Pumpchkincutiee
    Options

I didn't take it as being snarky. I think he's just implying if you want to lose a little more you could eat back a little less. 1700 calories for a female is well within comfortable range of a healthy intake. If you see your progress slow down, you can eat back 50-100cal less and see if it picks up again.

Ah ok. I wish people would sometimes be a bit clearer, bt thanks to both of you. Will keep that in mind
  • midwestspitfire
    midwestspitfire Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Ah ok. I wish people would sometimes be a bit clearer, bt thanks to both of you. Will keep that in mind

I'm not entirely sure how much clearer he could have been.
    I read it merely as a casual recommendation that if you were concerned about rate of loss you could always experiment with eating back only a percentage of your exercise calories.
    *shrugs*
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I did not detect any snark.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Its all right depending on what your goals are. If you want to lose weight and NOT maintain dont eat those calories. But if you want to maintain go ahead and eat it.
  • mcspiffy88
    mcspiffy88 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hm are you sure you burn 800 with exercise , thats a ****load ...
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    Its all right depending on what your goals are. If you want to lose weight and NOT maintain dont eat those calories. But if you want to maintain go ahead and eat it.

Am reluctant to comment unless my simple sentence is taken as snark :wink:

However, above is not correct - MFP expects you to eat back exercise calories when you are losing - not wait until you are maintaining before doing so.

some people do say MFP over estimates exercise calories so it may be better to eat back ,say, 3/4 of them rather than all of them, especially if you are not making any progress.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

I'm not entirely sure how much clearer he could have been.
    I read it merely as a casual recommendation that if you were concerned about rate of loss you could always experiment with eating back only a percentage of your exercise calories.
    *shrugs*

I'm with you, didn't see any snarkiness and also couldn't have been any clearer!
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    First I want to say if this isn't healthy you don't have to get all rude about it.

Anyway, I eat 1663 cals a day. I burn between 400-800 but of course I eat it back. I never feel sick or tired and my weight loss is slow.( just lost my first pound! Yay) I just wanted to check if this was alright? I dont aim to burn a certain number but I end up having fun and wanting to do more so I just eat them back. Thanks and goodnight/happy easter

Hiya,

Would also take into account that MFP sadly overestimates calories, it took me a month to work that one out. Now I enter my own calorie burn from my Heart Rate Monitor and Fitbit :) I trusted MFP to be right but the cheeky bugger isn't!

Good luck!
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Your post says you joined in April, you have a good calorie goal which you seem happy with and you've already shown a sensible weight loss. Sounds good to me :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    seems fine to me..

what are you using to measure calorie burns?

Most calorie burn estimates tend to be off, so you might be better off only eating back 75% of exercise calories...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

it sounded pretty clear to me ….if you are going to post in the forums you might want to turn the sensitivity level down a few notches...