Insanity-Starting January 1st, 2011!

Options
Who's with me??

I tried doing this alone last time, and didn't make it to the end.
This time, I wanna make it! I wanna be HOT!

Who wants to get hot, too?!? :drinker:

Replies

• Stephanie191991
    Options
    I'm with YOU
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Im starting month 2 on January 3rd!!!
    Feel free to add me!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on the first too!
  • haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    sweeeeet :D
  • celesalk
    Options
    eep... meant to be in a different post... this one might be to insane for me right now, but good luck and plenty of best wishes for those who start in Jan!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this, although I plan on starting on the 3rd instead :)
  • ksimms
    ksimms Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just started on monday (dec 27th) and I think a support group is a great idea!

There's a couple things I want to advise people about the program:
    - YOU NEED TO EAT! This program is hard enough, you need to make sure you get protein, carbs and other nutrients to feed your muscles so that they can sustain this workout everyday.
    - If you want to make the videos go smoother, watch them before hand to get to know the moves, Shaun moves pretty quickly plus it's good to see what's expected of you
    - You'll hear Shaun say this a lot but it is an interval program, you need to let your heart rate drop before going back to the max, if this requires a longer water break then you have to do it. Do a modified less intense version of what he is doing until you heart rate slows a bit. On that note, your HR isn't going back to your resting rate, you just need it to go down a few beats per min
    - And last thing you should know: it is hard, if you can't keep up, then take a break and just jog it out. You'll see the people in the video taking breaks or not keeping up, and they're fit and getting paid to do this! Don't feel bad, try tp keep up, but don't hurt yourself in the process.

Ok so, I've already started (just completed day 3 (woo!), and currently in the bath cause I'm beyond sore) starting weight 162 lbs, planning to lose 12 lbs by my birthday (Feb 2), and to lose close to 20 lbs by the end of the program. I usually walk 60-90 mins a day on top of this program. So far the hardest part has been trying to eat 5 small meals a day around 300-400 cal each as the program directs (for me and my goals), but I woke up starving today so hopefully it's going to get easier from here!

I wish all of you luck, keep with it! Yes it's hard for me, but no one said it was going to be anything less than insane. I can't wait for you all to start, I was so excited for my first day!
  • haleighallen
    Options
    I just started on monday (dec 27th) and I think a support group is a great idea!

There's a couple things I want to advise people about the program:
    - YOU NEED TO EAT! This program is hard enough, you need to make sure you get protein, carbs and other nutrients to feed your muscles so that they can sustain this workout everyday.
    - If you want to make the videos go smoother, watch them before hand to get to know the moves, Shaun moves pretty quickly plus it's good to see what's expected of you
    - You'll hear Shaun say this a lot but it is an interval program, you need to let your heart rate drop before going back to the max, if this requires a longer water break then you have to do it. Do a modified less intense version of what he is doing until you heart rate slows a bit. On that note, your HR isn't going back to your resting rate, you just need it to go down a few beats per min
    - And last thing you should know: it is hard, if you can't keep up, then take a break and just jog it out. You'll see the people in the video taking breaks or not keeping up, and they're fit and getting paid to do this! Don't feel bad, try tp keep up, but don't hurt yourself in the process.

Ok so, I've already started (just completed day 3 (woo!), and currently in the bath cause I'm beyond sore) starting weight 162 lbs, planning to lose 12 lbs by my birthday (Feb 2), and to lose close to 20 lbs by the end of the program. I usually walk 60-90 mins a day on top of this program. So far the hardest part has been trying to eat 5 small meals a day around 300-400 cal each as the program directs (for me and my goals), but I woke up starving today so hopefully it's going to get easier from here!

I wish all of you luck, keep with it! Yes it's hard for me, but no one said it was going to be anything less than insane. I can't wait for you all to start, I was so excited for my first day!
    :drinker:

Heyy, try drinking a protein shake or something like one within an hour after you work out. It should help the soreness. I generally drink the P90X Recovery formula and it has worked wonders for me!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    What is "insanity"? The other posters seem to know what you are talking about, but I'm lost!
  • haleighallen
    Options
    It's a brutal dvd workout made by the Beach Body company
  • ksimms
    ksimms Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Heyy, try drinking a protein shake or something like one within an hour after you work out. It should help the soreness. I generally drink the P90X Recovery formula and it has worked wonders for me!

Ya, I've been meaning to head out and get some protein powder, I'm just intimadated by the whole selection. I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be looking for so I've been askeing a few friends to see what types they get cause I don't want something that tastes like dirt. I've been told "whey iso protein is good, try to get one with looowwww sugar and crap" so hopefully that helps when I go in somewhere.

Do you have any suggestions on a brand, or is not so much about the taste as how you make it?
  • haleighallen
    Options

Ya, I've been meaning to head out and get some protein powder, I'm just intimadated by the whole selection. I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be looking for so I've been askeing a few friends to see what types they get cause I don't want something that tastes like dirt. I've been told "whey iso protein is good, try to get one with looowwww sugar and crap" so hopefully that helps when I go in somewhere.

Do you have any suggestions on a brand, or is not so much about the taste as how you make it?

I really like the Jillian Michaels Natural Whey protein powder. There's no artificial sweetener, flavor or color in it and no preservatives, so it's good for you. It's also super cheap :) I thnk I paid like, 10 bucks for it? I will say I'd probably go for the vanilla flavor next time, because the chocolate tasted like cheap chocolate. You know....like that really bad/cheap easter chocolate that has a hint of dust or dirt flavor in it? It tasted like that. Haha. It's really good for adding into mixed shakes, though!
  • RowdyRoulette
    RowdyRoulette Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started this on December 1st as well. And would love a support group!

I always drink a shake before and AFTER the workout. I drink the Herbalife Shakes and love how they taste.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

The P90X Recovery drink is over priced. I would recommend BSN Syntha-6 or a scoop of Body Fortress. All BSN is found online and Body Fortress is found at Walmart.
  • haleighallen
    Options

The P90X Recovery drink is over priced. I would recommend BSN Syntha-6 or a scoop of Body Fortress. All BSN is found online and Body Fortress is found at Walmart.
    Welllll my boyfriend bought the P90X stuff for me haha It was a present :P
  • aprildauer
    Options
    I'm starting on the 3rd again...this will be my 3rd time trying to get going and finish this workout....it is so hard to do by yourself. It would be great to have someone doing it along with me so we can keep accountable.