10kg by July

Options
Hey all, I'm new here and feel free to add me :) I'm 29 and need to lose about 70lbs! I'm 16st 3lbs at the minute. Anymore, I've only been on my new healthy eating plan 3 days and already lost 2kg, I am assuming this is water weight? and I am looking forward to losing real fat. I do retain alot of fluid too. I was wondering is lossing 10kg too much of a target for July 20th?

Replies

• mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options
    Hi, they say around 1/2 a kilo a wk is good. Usually start is when you lose a lot more. So you probably could. Good luck :)
  • 72Christie
    72Christie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well done on your initial loss -- it is most likely water, but I find that a strong start like that always keeps me motivated! July 20 gives you 13 weeks -- that means just under a kilo a week (around 0.7kg). Certainly do-able if you stay committed. Good luck :happy:
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    To me no, that's not to much of a target for July 20th. Go for it.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    That is my goal for the end of July. That works out to about 8 pounds a month so I dont think its outrageous
  • MrsHollingsworthThomas
    Options
    That sounds reasonable to me.
    Like the previous poster pointed out... it's only about 8 lbs per month which is a completely realistic and healthy goal.
    If you'd like to try and get rid of a bit of fluid along the way, try a natural diuretic like warm lemon water or dandelion tea.

GO FOR IT!
  • ilovefatthatswhyimfat
    Options
    Thanks all. I'm trying not to set unrealistic targets because I don't want to lose motivation. I'm going commit to losing 10kg by July. It's my first wedding anniversary so its an extra motivation . I'd like to wear something nice and feel good!!! Good luck to everyone else and feel free to add me :)
  • mcspiffy88
    mcspiffy88 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good luck I think its manageable :)

Good to see some folks setting some realistic goals for a change.