32 y/o mom of 2, stopping to say hi!

Options
bunnerfly
bunnerfly Posts: 197 Member
So, hi. :-)

I'm Sarah. I'm 32. I have a 9 y/o and a 6 y/o.

3 years ago I was within 8 lbs of my goal weight. But, after a messy divorce, I ended up moving 800 miles, going from stay at home mom to factory worker, bartender, nursing home aid and cashier. Of course, I cut down to 2 jobs eventually, once the energy drinks started messing with my heart and I just couldn't keep up. :-) I'm starting school again in August, and God willing, will get into the nursing program and eventually make my way into midwifery.

I have been seeing a wonderful man for 2 years. He and I started dating about 6 months after I left my ex husband. It was nothing serious at first, but I quickly realized that even if we weren't dating, this guy would still be my bestie. Dating him is just a perk. ;-) We're most likely going to be getting married in the next couple of years.

Along with all the change and stress, which, I might add is nothing compared to the stress caused my former marriage, I also gained an extra 42lbs. I'm only 5'2", so that's fairly significant.

Right now I weigh about 185-186lbs and I'm in a size 14 pant. The only perk to being almost 50lbs over my max highest healthy weight is that I finally have some pretty awesome boobs. :-) I love 'em, but they won't last, sadly.

I plan on losing approximately 50 to 55lbs. No special diets, just healthier eating and more movement.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the site!

Here's to losing the fat! (But not all of the boobage!)

Replies

• amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • faygerri
    faygerri Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have loads to lose too, and my boobs disappeared last time :( But I can't let that stop me, haha!

Fay
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request! My name is Katrina and I'm a SAHM in the Detroit area. My girls are about to turn 5 and 7. I'm currently going to school online to be a Medical Transcriptionist and then will be working from home. Last night I decided the same thing you did. I'm done making excuses. I know what to do and need to just do it.
  • dwbotti
    dwbotti Posts: 29
    Options
    Glad to see you've made the first step on this journey. Tracking has been proven to help you get your fitness and wellness goals on track. What beyond tracking will you be doing? Good to meet you!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! here's to a great new journey. Divorces are tough, so you're a tough lady - you can do this!!!!!

I have a 4 and 6 year old. :)

Feel free to add if you'd like
  • bunnerfly
    bunnerfly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll be sure to keep up. I don't get every single day logged sometimes, not for any reason other than I didn't have time. So I'd like to work on that.

We got the kids a trampoline, and that's proven to be quite the fun workout. My SO has confided t he would also like to lose about 50lbs.

We definitely need to keep on top of things. We both love burgers and wings and all things salty/savory a little too much for our own good!