This is what MFP is all about! (pic)

Options
I am struggling to find the words to tell you all about the amazing man I call friend. His name is stvsan, or IRL Steve. He was one of the first friends I made on MFP and I had no idea of the connection we would have and what it would mean to me.

A few weeks ago he came up with a challenge to the runners on his FL. I would have accepted it in a heartbeat however I am not a runner. So he found a different challenge for me. I had to quit smoking for 30 days and in that time frame he had to run a personal best of 13 miles. The "loser" had to post a picture in the forums holding a sign saying how wonderful the "winner" was.

He ran his 13 miles and I quit smoking. I think it is win win all the way around.

1530337_10202359409159683_8530280968149275886_n_zps66b3cf4a.jpg

PS: I didn't need to "lose" a bet in order to tell you what a special person Steve is.

Replies

• urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I need a tissue!!! Jamie, you are so awesome we need to spin off a new site called www.myfabulouspal.com. I look forward to the day we meet IRL so I can give you a HUGE hug!!
  • violetbluemornings
    violetbluemornings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    aw so sweet and congrats on quitting smoking!!! :wink: :smile:
  • cupcakesANDiron
    Options
    You too are making me sick with all this look at how fabulous we both are thing! BLEH :sick: LMAO! JK You are gorgeous GF & congrats on no smoking. You are so worth it! :bigsmile: As for Steve he is wonderful. You guys ROCK :heart:
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    You too are making me sick with all this look at how fabulous we both are thing! BLEH :sick: LMAO! JK You are gorgeous GF & congrats on no smoking. You are so worth it! :bigsmile: As for Steve he is wonderful. You guys ROCK :heart:

:blushing:
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness! I want friends like this :)
  • urban_ninja
    Options

FINE, KELL!!!

DIWW7YU.jpg
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness! I want friends like this :)

You already do Darlin :wink:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Congratulations to you both on many levels!!!❤❤❤
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this! :smile:

Congrats to you both! :drinker:
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WTG!! both of you!:drinker:
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Awww! Love the post and pic - and yes, Steve is pretty awesome. :) and HUGE congrats on quitting smoking! That's amazing - very well done!!!!

Now don't let your head swell up....might hinder your run tomorrow... ;)
  • urban_ninja
    Options
    Awww! Love the post and pic - and yes, Steve is pretty awesome. :)

Now don't let your head swell up....might hinder your run tomorrow... ;)

Oh, Julsie. I'm feeling pretty crippled now :frown: Nothing 1-2 days won't fix :smile:

Here's the flip-side to this wager:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1258333-my-mfp-friend-that-motivates-me-pic
  • Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!
  • Lost_Zen
    Lost_Zen Posts: 20
    Options
    Awesome posts guys!
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Quitting smoking was one of the best and hardest things I've done for myself so I know how proud you are of yourself for coming this far :drinker: and having a support from your friends means a lot. You are very lucky to have people like that in your life!
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love this! Great frinds are hard to find.
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! I love the encouragement and support that we get from people here. You are living proof that it does work. I congratulate both of you. Job well done! :drinker:
  • kt1280
    kt1280 Posts: 19
    Options
    As a former smoker (6 months tobacco free), I know this is so difficult! And seriously, Steve? 13 miles? GEEZ!

Good job, y'all!!!!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the smoke free for 30 days that's an awesome achievement! Well done to both of you! Awesome posts both of you!
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    So awesome--congratulations to both of you!