natural belly slimming detox water blogilates

Options
been browsing the blogilates page on youtube and came across this recipe...
for a 24oz serving

3-4 mint leaves
2-3 slices of orange
2 slices of lemon
2-3 slices of cucumber
24 fl oz ice cold water

mix together and chill overnight or a few hours

firstly, what i'm looking for is a way to drink more water, my current consumption is actually zero, our water tastes lousy plain, and at the minute money is tight so can't afford to keep buying it
secondly, i don't think this water is going to magically shrink all the fat from my stomach (i wish lol) and i'm not interested in doing an actual detox
i'm just wondering if anybody has actually tried this, or has a similar recipe that tastes really nice
many thanks in advance x

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    So if you don't use 24 fl oz of ice cold water, but still chill overnight and it becomes ice cold does it have the same fat burning components?

Buy a water filter to get your water to taste better and don't buy into all the crap.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If this will help you get more water, great.. but as you know, it has no magical properties. I just use MIO's for my water.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    daft question whats mio's?
    even with a water filter our water still tastes lousy, it actually smells like a swimming pool it's that chlorinated, i don't see how adding fresh fruit and veg to water is buying into any crap though, as i'd already said i am purely looking for a way to naturally flavour water, not a magical cure
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I was happy to find that the juice in some of the plastic limes was much improved from the fake tasting lime juice of years past. I can drink a lot more water with just a squeeze of that in it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    even with a water filter our water still tastes lousy, it actually smells like a swimming pool it's that chlorinated, i don't see how adding fresh fruit and veg to water is buying into any crap though, as i'd already said i am purely looking for a way to naturally flavour water, not a magical cure

Based on the way you spell flavour, I can assume you aren't American are you? Below is what Mio is. It's a water additive.

http://www.makeitmio.com/
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love the Crystal light add ins they are great and you can use just a little and it combats the city water taste. I have the same issue at home. It smells like a swimming pool straight out of the tap.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options

I don't think I would trust water like that even adding in flavor. I would boil the water first until you can get a filter which is a better option then to keep buying bottled water.

It's the water that will help you not the add ins but like someone else said, if it helps you drink water, go for it.

Mios are water flavorings. There are tons of different ones out there and are very tasty. My current favorite is berry sangria by Crystal Light.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I drink fruit infused water - clean and chop up fruit stick it in a bottle of water and it's ready to go the next morning!
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like the Mio flavors as well, but I've heard that adding fresh fruit can definitely make a difference. I personally like just adding lemon juice to my water, but have seen several different recipes for things like cinnamon apple water and such. Water is water...so long as the excuse, "Soda/coffee/tea have water in them so they count, right?" (my husband's favorite thing to tease me about) isn't used :laugh:
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I love the Crystal light add ins they are great and you can use just a little and it combats the city water taste. I have the same issue at home. It smells like a swimming pool straight out of the tap.

I agree on this one. I had a friend who had weight loss surgery. Leading up to it, she was on a strict diet and had to drink 8 cups of water a day. She couldn't stand to drink water, so the doctor told her she could add Crystal Light to her water and it still counted towards her 8 glasses of water a day.
  • lucylousmummy
    Options

Based on the way you spell flavour, I can assume you aren't American are you? Below is what Mio is. It's a water additive.

yeah i'm in the uk, and things like crystal light and mio's aren't readily available other than through amazon and ebay thanks for the link though x
  • kilsafari
    kilsafari Posts: 61
    Options

yeah i'm in the uk, and things like crystal light and mio's aren't readily available other than through amazon and ebay thanks for the link though x

I'm sure the UK has some sort of flavor additive equivalent??? I refuse to believe its just an american thing when its such a simple concept and popular item... well if not, just use fruit like some of the other replies suggested.
  • lucylousmummy
    Options

I'm sure the UK has some sort of flavor additive equivalent??? I refuse to believe its just an american thing when its such a simple concept and popular item... well if not, just use fruit like some of the other replies suggested.

no we have cordial/squash/dilute (not sure what americans would call it sorry) and all the sugar free ones seem to contain aspartame, and i'm trying to avoid it as it doesn't agree with me
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I find that a water bottle with a straw helps me not pay attention to the water that I'm drinking, which gets me to drink more.

A couple of other things to try:

- Lemon or lime juice (as someone suggested)
    - If you're in the UK, try using just a little bit of "squash", like Ribena. Add just enough to gently flavor the water
    - cold brew / sunbrew tea - throw a tea bag in the bottle overnight and discard the tea bag
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I've tried similar recipes just to have a refreshing summer drink other than water. My best advice is to squeeze any citrus you intend to use rather than soaking whole slices. It may be pretty in the pitcher, but the rind gives the water a bitter taste.
  • lucylousmummy
    Options
    I've tried similar recipes just to have a refreshing summer drink other than water. My best advice is to squeeze any citrus you intend to use rather than soaking whole slices. It may be pretty in the pitcher, but the rind gives the water a bitter taste.

thanks will try this x
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I like the Mio flavors as well, but I've heard that adding fresh fruit can definitely make a difference. I personally like just adding lemon juice to my water, but have seen several different recipes for things like cinnamon apple water and such. Water is water...so long as the excuse, "Soda/coffee/tea have water in them so they count, right?" (my husband's favorite thing to tease me about) isn't used :laugh:

Your husband is correct. Adding Mio to water is no different to adding lemon juice, tea or coffee. Your body can't tell the difference (and the diuretic properties of caffeine have been exaggerated). Just drink enough *liquid* so your pee isn't dark yellow.
  • dulcemiel
    dulcemiel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I have tried the above combination as for the detox properties I can't attest to that but it does help me drink more water which is what I think helps detox the body. Here are some of my favorite other flavored combo's. I buy frozen fruit and put it in (acts like ice cubes with flavor)
    Strawberry and Pineapple
    Mango chunks
    Mint, cucumber
    Lime alone is one of my go to's
    Grapefruit with Lemon/Lime and Mint
    Orange slices and lemon or lime

There is also an app for "spa" water www.myspawater.com and they feature some cool ideas. Hope this helps bring in the H2O
  • claramce
    claramce Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have made this every day since she put the recipe up and its amazing :D it definitely has made me less bloated the last few days (YAY!) and it tastes AMAZING :) i like mine a little more orangey so I put in two extra slices of orange. I have found the best way it to put everything into a sports water bottle with a sport drinking cap as you dont get any seeds or anything then. I refill the bottle about 3-4 times before clearing it out and adding new ingredients (or just when the taste has gone)