Hi! I'm Shawn from Huntsville, AL

Options
Greetings all. My name is Shawn and I'm from Huntsville, AL. Started MFP about a month ago. My goal is to lose 1 pound per week and to get down to 190 by May 2011. My secondary goal is to get to 180 by the end of Summer 2011.

I have Type II Diabetes, handled with meds, so I've had some challenges dieting and seeing immediate results. However, I've incorporated some recent techniques that seem to be creating results. I've lost four pounds and am on my way.

Look forward to corresponding with others on the weight loss trail.

Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    welcome, i'm from birmingham since i've been here i've lost 12 lbs this is a great site plenty of support all around
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from Foley, AL.
    This is a great place for support and motivation.

Dani :smile:
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    What up bro! I'm not from AL but I know people that are from AL. (ie. laughingdani & montenell). This site is amazing & supportive. Hope you enjoy.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I look forward to interacting with everyone here!
  • ladysvs
    Options
    Hi! Have you tried low-glycemic eating? Basically it's cutting out all processed foods (I know!) and having, in very minimal quantities, white breads, rice or potatoes. I hope thatthis a little help anyway! :)
  • 9virgo11
    Options
    Hey Shawn good luck. I'm in the Huntsville.area as well 8^(. I will add you as a friend
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Hey Shawn, I'm a Virginian born and bred, but I live in Bham for a few more months. If you'll make fun of UA with me (and irritate laughingdani :wink:) I'll add you!!

Welcome :smile:
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Hi Shawn! I'm from Auburn, AL. I'm new to this site, too. It's day 3 for me. I love it and love talking to all the supportive friends I've made already. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)

Oh, and War Eagle! (yeah, yeah....I know, I know! LOL)
  • scalpay
    Options
    Hi Shawn, welcome to Mfp! Love your hat, makes you look like a 1950's movie star :)
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi! Appreciate the compliment! My grandfather bought me my first hat when I graduated from college and I've been wearing them ever since in his memory.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site. I'm not a Bama native (my entire family is though, lol). I'm a GA girl. You'll have a great time on this site, it is truly wonderful. You meet great people and you get great results!