Kick me out the door

beckyfinger
beckyfinger Posts: 21
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
Let's see just how motivating y'all can be...
Talk me into getting my butt outside and up those hills!

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    GO! NOW!

Charmagne
  • GO! NOW!

Charmagne

Hmmmm, nope, still here..
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I think I need this also. How about you have someone take you and your bike and drop you off about 5-10 miles away from home then you would have no choice but to ride or walk back home . LOL. I should have someone start doing this to me daily. You can do it. Probably the best way is to find someone that will go walking or bike riding with you or even meet at the gym and set up a time to meet each day. It is harder not to get up and do it when someone is waiting for you. You can do it, just start moving
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    I just did P90x....THEN I went out for a run in the snow and ICE!! Get your butt out there!!!! :)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    I'll go if you go!
  • I think I need this also. How about you have someone take you and your bike and drop you off about 5-10 miles away from home then you would have no choice but to ride or walk back home . LOL. I should have someone start doing this to me daily. You can do it. Probably the best way is to find someone that will go walking or bike riding with you or even meet at the gym and set up a time to meet each day. It is harder not to get up and do it when someone is waiting for you. You can do it, just start moving

Oh I don't mind exercise... some days... today it's just ICK out.
    Nice job on all those gone away lbs!
  • I'll go if you go!

Now that sounds good... but I bet there's a catch, like you were going out anyway or your hills aren't as big, lol...
    Can we go in a few minutes?
  • I just did P90x....THEN I went out for a run in the snow and ICE!! Get your butt out there!!!! :)
    lol where are you? We even have snow here in No GA
  • Now that sounds good... but I bet there's a catch, like you were going out anyway or your hills aren't as big, lol...

lol, I'll go if you go... this is the trail I plan on taking. :wink:

annapurna-south-large.jpg
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    You KNOW you will be happy you did it once it's over. Now Get up and Go and DO IT! No one ever regretted going to the gym (insert hills), but they do regret not going at all.
  • Now that sounds good... but I bet there's a catch, like you were going out anyway or your hills aren't as big, lol...

I can't open it... but elevation charts don't scare me. Sometimes. Hills are our friends.
  • You KNOW you will be happy you did it once it's over. Now Get up and Go and DO IT! No one ever regretted going to the gym (insert hills), but they do regret not going at all.
    That is very true... I remember ONCE not being glad I went, only once!

Eh, I climbed that to get reception this good!
  • My 2 dogs do it for me. I don't have a backyard (live in an apartment) so I have to take them outside. Rain, sleet, shine...whatever. If I don't I get a nasty little smell in the corner somewhere - they can only "hold it" for so long, you know! lol! And when we're walking they are so excited to be out doing it that it motivates me to keep going with them.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    I'm in Williamsburg VA. It's finally melting off our neighborhood roads...but there were a few spots I had to be careful on.
    Why are you still on the computer?? :) tee hee
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    i'm really glad that that offensive photo was removed. This is supposed to be a positive site, not a place for people to post images that could be hurtful.
  • Go! I was planning to do day 1 of my Couch to 5K workout and then it started SNOWING! I was so tempted to put it off for another day but I decided to go anyway. If I can go in the snow on the first day, then I'll never have an excuse to skip the workout!

Now I feel so amazing. You know you want this feeling! ;)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    ok you're right I'm not going to do those kind of elevations, and I was planning on going but myself am suffering from a bug that has my *kitten* firmly glued to the chair infront of the TV. I need to kick start my butt back to the gym. It's super windy and cold here but I'm going if you go. :)

I have my workout clothes on, and my shoes, loaded my ipod with new music so now just to throw on a hat and walk uphill to the gym. :)
  • Did you go? Did you go?
  • Did you go? Did you go?

Did you? Did you?
This discussion has been closed.