For my sister...

Options
My sister has two kids, one 3 year old and one 3 month old. She is really wanting to loose the weight so i told her how awesome this site is. She is breastfeeding, and says she has to have a certain amount of calories for the baby and can't cut calories for now. She doesn't have a jogging stroller for the kids, and even if she did the thought of getting out in 20 degree weather with an infant is not a great idea.Her husband works all the time so he can't watch the kids while she works out, and i work full time also. She just feels so hopeless and hates herself right now. do you busy moms have any ideas for her?? Im desperate for anything to help my sissy out!

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Netflix has some great instant view workout vids, lots of great workout DVDs out there, hand weights, stretch bands...the sky is the limit. Have her check out youtube...lots of workouts on there as well:flowerforyou: I believe the breastfeeding Mom's on here suggest adding in 300 cals per day is all? There's several threads she could join for support that would meet her situation well.
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Jogging on the spot during nap times, knee taps, lifting some weights, jumping jacks, burpees, things that get her heart going.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    While the baby is sleeping pop in a workout dvd. My son likes to do the workouts with me. Not only is it freaking cute but it is a great bonding time for the older one with mom. The added bonus is that it can exert some of the three year olds energy. LOL Or if she has a Wii get the Zumba my son was really interested in it.
  • Harnad
    Harnad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii workouts ie,Biggest loser,Just dance etc, while the little one naps, the 3 yr old could have fun moving around with Mom!!!! It is hard though, and i feel her pain....if you get a minute to yourself you're more apt to sit on the couch than to want to get up and move....that is why its fun to get the kids involved somehow...
  • btuman43
    Options
    Most large gyms have some type of daycare so single parents can workout.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where she lives, but there are some places and/or gyms that have mommy and baby classes that include cardio and lifting that involves both of them. That could be cool if she found something like that and she could meet other moms!