40:40:20 from protein fat then carbs?

Options
I'm considering trying out 40:40:20 with 40% from protein such as tofu eggs Greek yogurt cheese protein powder etc, 40% from healthy fats like peanut butter nuts avocado eggs and 20% from carbs like oats sweet potatoes wholegrain/whole wheat carbs fruits veggies.

Most variations say 20% fat., will I be eating too much fat? Is too much fat bad? Please help!

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to achieve?
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    No such thing as too much Fat as long as its not the highest percentage.. .. too much bad fats such as hydrogenated yes. But as long as your getting a good amount of Fibre and lots of protein, your body can work with it..
  • Msdwyer17
    Msdwyer17 Posts: 18
    Options
    Loss of body fat whilst maintaing lean muscle. I strength train 3x a week doing interval circuits with weights for 45 minutes- 1 hour a time then finish with 15 minute Hiit after that.
    I also do Hiit for 20 minutes 3 times a week.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to achieve?

^^This, can't really say until we know what you goal is...
  • Msdwyer17
    Msdwyer17 Posts: 18
    Options
    I just said above, but you answered the thread just as I posted so you wouldn't have seen it :)I want to lose body fat and maintain current muscle mass as I'm hoping to build a little more when I have shed fat.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Loss of body fat whilst maintaing lean muscle. I strength train 3x a week doing interval circuits with weights for 45 minutes- 1 hour a time then finish with 15 minute Hiit after that.

With this amount of work I would go 20-30% protein, 40-50% carb and 20-30% fat.
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    These are my micro's i have been having a hard time eating right lately because of various personal reasons but before when i was hitting my macros it worked really well for me :)

15188748.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

High carb is never good when trying top shred fat, people us high fat and protein so that they can use those as their energy source cause your body to burn the fat on your body, not relying on the carbs sitting in your stomach.

15188748.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • J72FIT
    Options

High carb is never good when trying top shred fat, people us high fat and protein so that they can use those as their energy source cause your body to burn the fat on your body, not relying on the carbs sitting in your stomach.

Sadly, you are mistaken.