Giving it another go!

Options
I am back at this tracking for a healthy weight and a slimmer look. I used to be fit, but now I am a fluffy grandma. I want to be as fit as possible for my age but chronic pain gets me frustrated and I don't exercise like I should. This is day one. I want to lose at least fifty lbs. I can do this. This site will be an incredible resource.

Replies

• ccf_trainer
    ccf_trainer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'll just start by saying that you look fabulous. Also, getting fit shouldn't be a problem. You can do this, and you do have a great support here at MFP. I'll go ahead and add you. You got this! :)
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck!
  • Happychubby
    Options
    Giving it all I got today. Out the door!
  • Happychubby
    Options
    I will check it out.
  • AshNichole224
    Options
    Welcome back! I myself started back again today and am feeling the "high" of being in control of my eating. I too had a surgery (shoulder) that put me in a huge set back but I'm determined more than ever to get into a healthy lifestyle. Feel free to add me so we can help each other! :-)
  • Happychubby
    Options
    Welcome back! I myself started back again today and am feeling the "high" of being in control of my eating. I too had a surgery (shoulder) that put me in a huge set back but I'm determined more than ever to get into a healthy lifestyle. Feel free to add me so we can help each other! :-)
    I will.
  • Happychubby
    Options
    Welcome back! I'll just start by saying that you look fabulous. Also, getting fit shouldn't be a problem. You can do this, and you do have a great support here at MFP. I'll go ahead and add you. You got this! :)
    Thanks for the compliment! I kind of figured those days of someone saying I looked fabulous were over. :blushing: Ha! I will be sixty in September. I am glad to have lived this long. As a kid I thought 60 was ancient. Now . . . not so much. :) Honestly, my life is blessed in many areas, so I focus on the good things for the most part. Since you asked about the chronic pain in an earlier message, I will tell you about it. I mos def don't want to be a downer, but here goes. I have had four surgeries on my C-spine to stabilize the neck area. Severe stenosis almost took away my ability to walk. My spinal cord was severely compressed to the point that spinal fluid wasn't getting past the C3-C5 vertebrae. I am so thankful for MRIs. I was originally diagnosed with MS. The symptoms were almost identical, but the MRI revealed the true problem. MS is a tough thing to live with. I prefer having pain then being in a wheelchair. The residual pain is from the damage to the spinal cord. I still walked as much as possible, but a couple years ago, I dropped a board on my foot. The damage to the foot left me with pain whenever I walk any distance. To add to the "fun" my hands decided to follow the carpal tunnel route. Its been six years of shots to keep the pain level down, but now I can't take anymore shots due to tissue damage. I am due for surgery on the right hand in the near future. That should help a lot. My weight has been creeping up, and I don't want to keep getting heavier. I tend to eat for comfort, which is also being addressed through MY Fitness Pal! :) If I don't get a routine of exercise down I am going to be a marshmallow. I used to have a 17% body fat and was toned. I am trying to get my thoughts to over ride the pain through prayer and "just doing it." So far five days of walking three miles! I limp the rest of the day, but at least my rear will be smaller. ;) Thank you for your offer of assistance with the pain issues. I think just getting out the door will help me see some progress.:happy:
  • Happychubby
    Options
    I really appreciate the likes when I finish my day. Thanks friends. I didn't exercise today, except for the ten minute walk. It was a little rainy. I still would have walked, however my foot was a brat today. I did a lot of clearing out of storage. so I was on my feet a long time and I guess that set off the pain notification to my brain. My foot is a big baby. Ha! Ha! I need to get rid of the things that have accumulated from a couple of moves. I don't have the room for these things and for some reason I can't sell them on Craig's list or E-bay so Good Will is the next on the list of ideas. At the same time I am getting rid of over stock, I am getting rid of pounds!! How freeing it is to un-clutter my life!!
  • Twignasty
    Twignasty Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm back at it as well. It feels amazing tracking again. Feel free to add and let's do this!!!
    <3