What's the best SMALL change you've made?

Options

Replies

• xRay85Rayx
    xRay85Rayx Posts: 369
    Options
    I have stopped eating out at restaurants or buying breakfast/lunch at work everyday.
  • Kixshots
    Kixshots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    predominantly drinking water /green tea instead of fizzy drinks or squash etc.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Riding my bike for any local trips like to pick up milk or whatever and carrying it in my basket, instead of driving.
  • 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes, I cut out creamer completely which was hard but now I just have unsweetened almond milk (for some calcium and flavor) and I am so used to it now. It has really cut out a lot of un needed sugar!
  • dwood1231
    dwood1231 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Cuting out soda and reallt pushing the water...
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    No flour...not only wheat flour, but rice, etc.

I'm focusing on eating the highest nutrient value calories that I can and while there is nothing "bad" about whole wheat bread, I know that nutritionally other foods pack a bigger punch.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Cutting out all alcohol. changing from white bread to whole wheat and going from 10 can of soda a day to almost none (working on this one)
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The best change I've made is just eating less food more often, instead of 3 meals.
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Eating more fresh foods and fewer processed foods (and thus less sodium.)

I noticed a difference with this fairly quickly when the puffiness in my face went down. I did not realize it was from too much sodium, causing the area around my eyes to be puffy.

Now I feel like I look younger because the area around my eyes is not puffy like it was before.
  • Dschnei475
    Dschnei475 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Using spices instead of Sauces !
    Water instead of pop.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Switching from weights to bodyweight for strength exercise.
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have not eaten any fried potatoes (fries, chips, etc.), since 2013.
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    best small change was with coffee

Cutting out cream and using fat free milk or drinking it black.

Also.. I don't buy those fatty coffee drinks like frappucinos etc. wasted calories.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    No liquid calories (soda, milk, alcohol, juice, etc)*.

*Protein drinks are different (meal supplement). =)
  • nmcguier
    nmcguier Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I change when I eat my meals. I eat breakfast on my way into work (7am) and then eat the apple from my lunch around 11:30am. Then I eat my actual lunch at 1:30pm. Then I absolutely go to the gym after work and eat dinner around 7:30 or 8pm. While it's not ideal to eat a big meal in the late evening, it prevents me from snacking. So by simply pushing back my meals to later in the day I've cut about 200-300 calories worth of snacks from my daily diet.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Shoving less food in my mouth, getting off my butt and lifting some weights
  • TessMacc
    TessMacc Posts: 31
    Options
    Wow - thanks for all the responses, you guys are an inspiration!

I think my next step has to start measuring things more often - I weighed a few things at the beginning but started making guesstimates after that. Also, I'm going to make a real effort to drink more water - maybe carry a bottle with me.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Cutting out cafe' coffee (Starbucks, Tim Hortons, etc). Now I make my own at home when I really need it and can control the calorie input.
  • cldepedro
    Options
    The best small change I've made is to be sure to get some kind of exercise in daily. My goal is a 5-6 mile walk but if that doesn't happen, I don't beat myself up for it either. Good Luck everyone!!
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Not having sugary cereals for breakfast. They just have no staying power, and I would be hungry again an hour later. Substituted eggs, toast or oatmeal and mornings are much better now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!