What's the best SMALL change you've made?

Options

Replies

• sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Making sure I pack at least one fruit and one veg with every lunch I take to work.
  • hospitablegirl
    hospitablegirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Cutting out soda has been the biggest game changer for me. I mean, I was drinking no water at all and probably 3 to 4 cans of soda a day! It's made a big difference in my waist line, but also my teeth are noticeably whiter!
  • des10705
    des10705 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No french fries or chicken parm since new years 2013
    ok maybe a few times
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I take the stairs instead of the elevator in the parking garage at work each day. It's no more than 2.5 to 3.5 flights down to the building entrance then again up up to my car, but in 4.5" heels, it's a bit of a workout! :ohwell:
  • dearcrumpet
    dearcrumpet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Completely getting rid of beer in my diet and DRASTICALLY reducing my wine intake.

I used to drink like 2 and half bottles of wine a week and never thought much of the calories in it. Don't judge. I was going through a tough time and too mentally weak to cope a different way.

Now I'll MAYBE have a glass of Riesling or two per week.

Also, I got rid of my car and walk everywhere now!
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Mine would probably be using portion control, and cutting out aspartame in my coffee/diet pops (migraines gone and feeling great)
  • colesullivan13
    Options
    I started packing my lunch for work. That way it's planned out and I don't have the choice of choosing bad food in the cafe, since most the food available is fried food. :) also stopped drinking pop and taking stairs at work.
  • TexasGal1
    TexasGal1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Portion control allowed me to give up frequent heartburn, indigestion, and upset tummy. :happy:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Cutting out soda.
  • Tifftiff321
    Options
    The best small change I've made is not going for second helpings at dinner. One is enough.
    amen to that
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I walk to work on mondays, home on tues-thurs. 45 minute walk instead of 5 minute drive. I've got the extra time those days, so why not? I've also limited the amount of lattes I make to 1-2 a day and have water the rest of the time.
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Logging ALL my food has made a big difference. I can see how quickly 50-100 calorie snacks or grazing can add up.

And switching my yoga membership from pay-per-class to unlimited. Now I try to go a lot more often to get my money's worth!

Also, I recently got a fitbit and it's really helping me be more active around the house in the evening.

A lot of you have given up diet soda - I'm not there yet, but it's intriguing to me!
  • TennisNerd13
    Options
    Quit having my one can of Dr. Pepper or Pepsi every day (small change), then that led to cutting out all sugar (big change).
  • 26MORE2GO
    26MORE2GO Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will give two:

1. Cut out most of my juice/soda drinking.

2. I now each much smaller Portions.

#2 Is huge becuase Im finding out that I can still eat Ribs and Hamburgers! The big difference is Instead of eating 5, or 6 Rib Bones I only eat 2, maybe 3. Its the same thing with Burgers. I can still eat Burgers, I just make smaller Patties (and use a leaner cut of Beef) vs makes those huge 1/4 pound, or more Burgers I used to make.

Im sure my overall fatloss would be more dramatic if I completly cut those things out, but losing fat while still eating the foods I love is awesone!
  • 26MORE2GO
    26MORE2GO Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Eating smaller portions and when I'm full, I actually stop eating and stop trying to force myself to eat it all.

12602173.png

Thats HUGE!
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Buying foods with as little sodium as possible. I never even noticed much difference, and I still add a sprinkle on my food if I want. The strange thing is that foods actually taste better to me now, like my actual taste changed after a while. It also led me to eat less processed foods and saturated fats, even though that wasn't my main concern.
  • lilianhill
    lilianhill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cutting out potato chips. They're a real weakness for me. I gave up soda several years ago but was eating potato chips nearly every day--too much sodium and lots of unnecessary calories.
  • whisperfitandhealthy
    Options
    Not sure if I'd call it small, but I cut 99% of bread out of my diet.

I'd have probably 20-26 slices a week. Now I have 0-2 if that.

I never feel bloated anymore. I've had 1 sandwich in 2 months. Highly recommend it, if you can do it. I've dieted many times before, this is the first time I've managed to cut bread out at any meaningful level!

Good luck :)

I want to cut bread out as well. Have had a hard time doing it ( I crave it when i am trying to not eat it)
  • tgmichelleee
    tgmichelleee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have 3:
    1. Parking further away
    2. Always taking the stairs
    3. Avoiding the Dollar Tree-- this is my vice... everything is literally 1 dollar, which really becomes an issue because $1 kettle chips, whoppers, and sugary drinks are quite hard to say no to when they're only $1 lol
  • deztopstylist
    deztopstylist Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Using smaller plates.

Or not eating carbs after 3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!