Always go over my fiber and protein!

Options
Hi everyone :) I'm following an IIFYM diet and I always go over my fiber and protein every day. Is this something I need to watch more? Or does it really not matter much?

Replies

• FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Nope! I go over those 2 on a daily basis and it's all good :)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong but I believe the limits for protein and fiber are to be considered minimums. If you went over, that's a good thing. If you are under, then you didn't meet your goal.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Fiber and protein are two things are perfectly ok to be going over in. It's very difficult to get "too much" of either. No sweat. You're good, carry on.
  • swimmingrocks889
    Options
    You're lucky I keep being under, what are you eating to get the amount of fiber you do?
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Well, if you follow IIFYM you obviously should follow your macros and not go over. Not by a lot at least. ;) Fiber shouldn't be much of a concern, as long as you count it all towards your carbs.
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Good! Protein, fat and fiber are minimums, and the MFP defaults are pretty low.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Fat, protein, and fiber are minimums.

Enjoy.
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You're lucky I keep being under, what are you eating to get the amount of fiber you do?

Me too. :( I'm need to read up on foods that are higher in fiber and eat some daily. I'm always under. :(
  • amberx1127
    Options

Me too. :( I'm need to read up on foods that are higher in fiber and eat some daily. I'm always under. :(

I eat a quest bar every day which has a ton of fiber. Also make sure all my breads and wraps are high in fiber as well :) I try to eat fairly low carb and a lot of the lower carb foods have a lot of fiber
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    As a result of this thread, I found a new recipe. Tried it tonight with a few modifications and it was sooooo good! Plus it has 10 grams of fiber per serving. Is that good for a side dish? It is a black bean/corn/avo salad.

I am at 22 grams of fiber for the day....