Healthy lunches and snacks

Options
I am off to the grocery store soon! I was wondering if you would like to share your favorite lunches and snacks!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Greek orzo pasta salad (cold): orzo pasta, kalamata olives, tomatoes, pepper, olive oil, feta cheese....SO YUMMY!

Cook the pasta per the instructions then mix desired amounts of everything else together and chill over night :-)
  • lbarnett300
    Options
    Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds 100 calorie pack...
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds 100 calorie pack...

YES! Those are AWESOME. Got a snack baggie sitting next to me right this minute. :bigsmile:
  • urmyeffinstar
    urmyeffinstar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yum the orzo pasta sounds delicious! Thanks :)
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    Goodness Knows Snack Squares - 150 cal for the 4 pack but I just nibble 1 at a time. :love: For lunch I always have a sandwich thins sandwich with turkey, lettuce and either Laughing Cow or Veggie Slices (both are 30-40 calories, so it's better than mayo!)
  • mandyreadsbooks88
    Options
    i mix 1/2 cup fiber one with the oikos vanilla greek yogurt and a 1/2 cup of blueberries. I love it
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, cherry/grape tomatoes, cucumber slices, bell peppers, clementines, apples and bananas for my fruits/veggies. Almonds, Wasa crispbread, unsalted/no salt added pretzels and lightly salted rice cakes for my non-fruit/veggie snacks. Cottage cheese/string cheese/Chobani Greek Yogurt for my protein.

As far as lunch, I'm at a loss. Getting sick of my usual so I'm looking for something fast and easy to turn to!
  • paperboy
    paperboy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bananas... Filling and full of potassium which helps with post-workout soreness. :)
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    low fat cream cheese, avocado slices and tomato slices on whole wheat toast. Sounds a little high in fat, but it's mostly good fat and avocados are suprisingly high in fiber. Also love the above poster's yogurt parfait, I eat that for breakfast daily in the summer. Veggies cut up with some hummus are a great snack as well as homemade popcorn (air popped or popped on the stove with a smidge of olive oil) although when I do this I don't melt butter over it, but I love a ton of salt (so be careful)!!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My lunch VERY closely resembles allislefttogain's!!!

I eat Celery sticks, Baby carrots and a Roma tomato almost every day for lunch. Usually with a Thomas everything bagel thin with some roast beef (low sodium) or with a laughing cow cheese wedge.

Triscuits with laughing cow cheese and roma tomato's are really good too.

I pretty much stick with the same lunch stuff every day because I NEVER know what dinner is going to bring! lol

Flat outs are good too though with some laughing cow cheese and grilled chicken strips! Can you tell I am hungry?!
  • urmyeffinstar
    urmyeffinstar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the ideas everyone, very helpful :) Unfortunately, I am allergic to avacados so I cannot eat anything that has them! I can't even wash my hair with things that have avacado extract :(
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Greek orzo pasta salad (cold): orzo pasta, kalamata olives, tomatoes, pepper, olive oil, feta cheese....SO YUMMY!

Cook the pasta per the instructions then mix desired amounts of everything else together and chill over night :-)

mmm going to make this, thank you!!
  • nilisabel
    Options
    whoa. allergic to avocados? I cannot even imagine because they are my fave. but as far as good snacks: those jello mousse cups are 60 cal and they're tasty. if you want more health than just low-cal, I'd say some staples are: fiber one, plain yogurt, truvia (sweeten stuff yourself), fruits and veggies, chicken breast, olive oil, whole wheat pasta. restaurant quality chicken breast is all about seasoning and pounding. Make sure you have a fresh marinade including a citrus to break down the chicken and bang the crap out of it with a rolling pin or a can of soup before you put it in that marinade. Then the chicken will be awesome. Promise.
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    whoa. allergic to avocados? I cannot even imagine because they are my fave. but as far as good snacks: those jello mousse cups are 60 cal and they're tasty. if you want more health than just low-cal, I'd say some staples are: fiber one, plain yogurt, truvia (sweeten stuff yourself), fruits and veggies, chicken breast, olive oil, whole wheat pasta. restaurant quality chicken breast is all about seasoning and pounding. Make sure you have a fresh marinade including a citrus to break down the chicken and bang the crap out of it with a rolling pin or a can of soup before you put it in that marinade. Then the chicken will be awesome. Promise.
    Awesome tips! Thank you!

I like to snack on baby carrots with hummus or laughing cow cheese, banana with PB, blueberries, apples, clementines, nuts, frozen yogurt. I'm even starting to drink protein shakes between meals just to keep hunger at bay. Optimum Nutrition's French Vanilla Creme whey protein + milk tastes like a sinfully delicious vanilla milkshake!