wedding dress rant/panic!!

Options
Hi! 

My dress is due in any day now and the suspense is killing me. But I'm also absolutely dreading it; I think i was about 12st 5lbs (173lbs) when I ordered it and it just about fit, since then I went up to 13st 5.5lbs (187.5lbs) then lost 8lbs (which now puts me at 12st 11.5lbs/179.5lbs), I know it's not going to fit when I try it on and im just going to want to eat to make myself feel better, which is soo not going to help! It's corseted so it's not possible to take it out, ahhhhh!

Replies

• lensperry
    lensperry Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bingeing is not going to help you. Don't. Do. It.
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    First take a deep breath and calm down. :flowerforyou: How much time until your wedding? And the previous people are right, stress is not going to help you.
  • lindsaymarcin
    lindsaymarcin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bingeing is not going to help you. Don't. Do. It.

^ this!! Go for a walk and think hard again about your goals and inspirations! You can do this!!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    You only gained 6 pounds. 6 pounds with a corset back shouldn't really make a huge difference for your initial fitting! You might be a little snug but that's not much at all..... or am I misreading and you ordered a size smaller than you already were?

In any case, over eating now will NOT help. Just wait to see how it fits before you react and plan from there.

I got married in September and had a corset back. When I ordered my dress, even the seamstress told me that if I were to lose/gain even 10 pounds it woudln't make a difference in the dress. Granted, I'm 5'10" but a corset gives you room....
  • MrsTaraDStringer
    MrsTaraDStringer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I promise, I will NOT binge!

I have 3months and 1 week, just under.. It fitted when I ordered it, but literally only just; half an inch and the material bit that is built in to cover the skin behind the lace up would not have covered! I know I have time to loose the weight but it's whether I can do it, it took me a year to start loosing weight despite all my previous efforts and im just working that I won't be happy (I know I won't be happy) if I don't loose the weight :(

I'm also 5' 10"
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If you want it bad enough, you WILL do it. Don't let yourself make excuses before you even get started. You have a clear goal and three months to achieve it. You can EASILY lose six pounds in three months, and even more if you want to be sure the dress isn't too tight. Your wedding day will be something you remember forever, and you want to be comfortable and happy and enjoying your amazing day.

No excuses, just do it!!
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    I am shorter than you (5'8") and I can't notice much of a difference in the way the dresses in my closet fit until I've dropped or gained about 15lb. Unless you put all 6 of those pounds in the same place, I think your dress should still fit just fine.

**edited for spelling
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    3 months is plenty of time to drop to below what you were when you ordered your dress - should you need to. Stop worrying and MOVE AWAY FROM THE BISCUITS! :-)
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    If it's corseted can't you (to some extent) make it looser by just not tightening it as much? Just go to a tailor and have them make a new back piece of material that will cover behind the lace up- way less expensive than buying a whole dress.

It sounds like you have some time to get back to your ordering weight, just breathe and try not to worry.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    You can do this - in 10 weeks I've lost near on 20lbs - admittedly I do have about 45 in total to lose but if you lost even 10lbs it will be fine.

Eat healthily at a sensible deficit (so your skin and hair look great too) and up your exercise and you will be good to go.

Enjoy your wedding - but remember your wedding is just a day, your marriage is where the investment of effort needs to go :smile:

:flowerforyou:
  • MrsTaraDStringer
    Options
    I CAN do it, I WILL do it! :)

I want to loose 28-34.5lbs in three months!

I have recently joined a gym and i log everything, from good to awful I measure everything!

I do literally put it all on in one place, my tummy! And a little bit of back fat too :/
  • Point202
    Point202 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I was married a few years ago. I had my dress converted to a corset back so it could be laced up, and I'm so glad I did - way more comfortable and it fit like a glove that day. Since your dress is already a corset back, I wouldn't stress too much. A good seamstress will be able to extend or replace the back that covers under the laces so that it works for you.
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married July 11. I am waiting to do a fitting until after school gets out, so will be early June. I figure that will give me time. Good luck to you, hang in there, and don't stress. Just make the best eating choices you can each day and move daily. That is doable, right?
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You will be just fine, I think as long as your exercising you will look great. Sometimes the weight doesn't fall off as fast as the inches so don't be discouraged just make sure you hit the gym. Congrats
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Do. Not. Panic. Seamstresses are amazing these days and the scale doesn't necessarily reflect inches (or centimeters!!) so you might well still fit even if you didn't see a huge move on the scale... especially if you've been lifting weights and eating right. And if you haven't, start!! :) But good luck and don't worry. It will all work out. Wedding dresses always do!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting months, not weeks, ahead of your wedding plans! Promise not to starve yourself either! You want be glowing and happy on your special day not about to pass out! (It's happened!) Joining a gym was a great start. Now go track those calories!
  • bielej17
    bielej17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

Just keep working out and eating clean!!!! Three months is plenty of time! You are going to look beautiful on your wedding day!
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I promise, I will NOT binge!

I have 3months and 1 week, just under.. It fitted when I ordered it, but literally only just; half an inch and the material bit that is built in to cover the skin behind the lace up would not have covered! I know I have time to loose the weight but it's whether I can do it, it took me a year to start loosing weight despite all my previous efforts and im just working that I won't be happy (I know I won't be happy) if I don't loose the weight :(

I'm also 5' 10"

@Tara You will be fine, I am getting married in June and I started in January of this year (I too had a dress that didn't fit) and I have lost 11 pounds so far and many inches (never measured from the beginning opps) Anyway, if I can do it anyone can!

I am also 5'9" and a soon to be bride, feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate each other! Just for additional motivation my first dress fitting was 4/5/14 and the only alterations I needed were the bussle and taking the bust in!

Good luck to you and again feel free to add me! :)
  • MrsTaraDStringer
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your comments, they were all very supportive and motivating.