I could have lost 50 lbs!

Options
Back in the beginning of July I wrote on my desk calendar how much weight I wanted to lose each week and wrote a final total on 12/30/10 of -50! Well, I got nothing. How sad is that? 5 months went by and I dropped a few pounds, gained back several pounds and now it's time to evaluate.

I'm not one for "new years resolutions" but I am one to set goals. And my main goal for 2011 is to KEEP MY GOALS! I know what I need to get it done now it's just time to do it. I am tired of being self consious and unhealthy.

Thanks to my desk calendar for shoving in my face that I failed. It lit a new fire under my rear to get me going! Now, on my 2011 desk calendar, I have written to lose 50lbs by 7/1/11.

Ready - set - HERE WE GO!

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hold on - we make mistakes so we can learn on them! Try to take it slow and maybe write a goal for each week - that makes things a little easier and im for example much more motivated like that. Good luck!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charmagne
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Sometime when we "see" our goals, whether we lose or achieve them, it helps keep us in check. That's one of the biggest reasons I love this site: my goals are right there in front of me, and that little complete diary for the day where it says what you could weigh in 5 weeks in AWESOME motivation :smile:
    Something I've learned the hard way is to set small goals at a time, since this is definitley NOT the easiest thing to do; I started with getting myself in "shape"; my goal was to tone and firm and try to strengthen more that just "lose" weight. And 1 year later, I've lost my original "weight" goal (finally :wink: ), but more importantly, I've toned, firmed, tightened and strengthened more that I EVER have in my life. Clothes that were my "skinny clothes that I probably will not ever fit back into" are now becoming my "I can wear these again!" and "possibly these will be my bloated days clothes". It been a long, hard road, but it's been SO worth it.
    One thing I would highly recommend is to use a tape measure as well as the scale; in the last couple months, I haven't "lost" any weight, but I've lost 2 inches off each thigh - I wish I had of been measuring sooner so I could have kept track better (that and pictures - I have nothing to "compare" what I looked like before to what I look like now).

I wish you Best of Luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Don't get too down, I wanted to lose a lot more over the last year than I did, but I am still happy to be down the 25 that I am, better than nothing! Although I do sit and think, dang if I had stuck to it hard all year I could be down more like 100lbs!! Oh well, theres always next year:)
  • jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I haven't exercise for 2 months. =( Now, I'm starting circuit training back up again tom. Good Luck! Push yourself to new heights!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    You can do it but break your goals into smaller portions, that way you feel youre achieving something before you hit your big target, it really does motivate you to keep going. My first goal was just to get a loss, any loss, then it was 5lbs, 7lbs 14lbs etc. I've got my next one as 35lbs but its actually 33lbs because that means i'm a third of the way there!

Well done on your first steps and good luck for the rest of the journey
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    One of the things I've learned over the years is that goals are great, but useless if they aren't planned for. You have to figure out how you are going to achieve the goal for you to be able to do the daily steps it takes to achieve it. So, on that day planner, put down the steps you are going to take that day to achieve the ultimate goal. Then day by day, look at that planner and do the steps listed for that day. It will help you achieve your goals. I also post my goals everywhere. I posted a thread in the general board the other day about my 2011 goals, and also blogged about them, posted them on FB, and printed them out and posted copies by my computer, in the binder I take with me everywhere, and on the refrigerator. When I worked in an office, I posted them in my cubical for all to see so they didn't question my desire to not eat the junk they brought into the office. Sounds silly, I know, but it works. :wink:
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    that is about 1 1/2 lbs a week - which is doable but it could also work against you if you have a week that isn't as sucessful. Instead, set your goals in smaller increments.. for example, make a goal to work out 3x a week or to lose 3lbs.. whenever you achieve or exceed your goals, give yourself a reward!! you can do it..
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Thanks EVERYONE for your comments!

I just wanted to clarify that I did set other goals and I know that weight is not all that matters. Most of my other goals came pretty close to what I set for myself. Such as working out 3-5x a week and eating better. I'm happy with where I am in my endurance and see changes every week!

Thanks again for all of your help! I really appreicate it!

Cheers to everyone for a great 2011!:drinker:
  • jennifermpeck
    Options
    You Got this Sam ma Me! your Gorgeous!