I wake up starving!!!!

Options
I have really never been a breakfast person....I don't usually get hungry until about 10am. I sometimes try and force myself to eat something like oatmeal or a piece of fruit for breakfast but often times forget. But the last couple of days, I have been waking up with intense hunger pains! Holy cow, I am starving like I have never eaten before. I have been working out daily and counting calories. What could be causing this?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    lack of satisfying meals for dinner the night before, and depending on the time you eat you can wake up hungry... Looks like you should eat breakfast those days.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a good time to start a healthy habit!
  • katdell
    katdell Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I dont know why you are waking up hungry but listen to your body and start eating breakfast. Maybe its because you are working out more? I think breakfast is an important meal as you have not eaten for so many hours! I never used to eat breakfast but now I love getting up and eating a nice breakfast!!
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I used to follow the "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper" philosophy. Problem with that, though, is that I workout in the late afternoon before I eat dinner. So I'd eat some measly dinner at like 6 or 7pm and not eat anything else the rest of the night. Result? Being woken up by my own hunger pangs! Now, I try to save as many calories as possible for dinner. I don't wake up starving anymore (I do still eat breakfast every day, though).
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like your not eating enough calories. When you work
    do you eat these calories back?

I would say up your calories & protein in take

Have a snack before bed or a bigger dinner

The more I workout, the more hungrier I am.... Just satisfy it with something filling
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hmm, you're the best person to know why.

On days that I lift weights I am ravenous, if you've just started working out or doing something more intense it could be that.
  • Telomin
    Telomin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Pregnant?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Your diary suggests that you might not be eating enough.
  • vitasoni80
    vitasoni80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Pregnant??!!?? Holy cow Telomin...don't scare me! lol

You all are bringing up good points. I have to admit, the last couple days haven't been my healthiest in eating habits because I had family in town. While I stayed below my calorie limits the food that I ate lacked any nutritional content so I guess it makes sense I am feeling hungry. I think that with a combination of just simply not eating enough calories may have caused that. I never would have thought that I wasn't eating enough. It makes sense what 2013sk said that when I workout that I should eat more. I am currently running about 3 miles per day/5 times per week. Any suggestions on foods/snacks that I could eat? I don't simply want to add calories, I would like to eat foods that are nutritious and will help increase my energy for my workouts.
  • vitasoni80
    vitasoni80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Also, Diannethegeek...you are my inspiration!! Looking at your ticker just made my day!!!
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Maybe some protein as a snack at night?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I start having growling stomach every morning since I started Insanity 2 weeks ago...This had rarely happened to me before...I always workout in the morning first thing...