Focus T25

Options
A few months ago, I started Insanity but failed to complete it due to too much trauma on my knees...however, now I am back and going to try Focus T25...

Does anyone have any insights into this workout program? What are the hardest workouts? Did you lose as much as you thought or not?

I can't wait to get started today!

25tui4j.jpg

Replies

• izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think about including it to my workouts from today as well, but I'm not sure whether I will stick to the schedule - most probably will use it as a baseline and then just follow it order-wise, but not day-wise (thinking about having T25 3-4 times a week).

Now from what I read about it and from excluding the obvious ads, I think that it really depends on the person and how they are eating. I saw comments along of 'lost 10 pounds, 20 pounds', to 'didn't lose any pounds, but lost inches' and of course 'didn't lose absolutely nothing, even gained'. So... I don't think that it will be a miracle workout and as a stand alone program might not be enough to lose weight, but if you are looking to just get in shape, build up your cardio and just move for a bit on a daily basis - it should be alright.

And the first level (I'm just watching through the Alpha videos) seem to be mainly (read about 90%) cardio based.
  • psychounz
    Options
    I think about including it to my workouts from today as well, but I'm not sure whether I will stick to the schedule - most probably will use it as a baseline and then just follow it order-wise, but not day-wise (thinking about having T25 3-4 times a week).

Now from what I read about it and from excluding the obvious ads, I think that it really depends on the person and how they are eating. I saw comments along of 'lost 10 pounds, 20 pounds', to 'didn't lose any pounds, but lost inches' and of course 'didn't lose absolutely nothing, even gained'. So... I don't think that it will be a miracle workout and as a stand alone program might not be enough to lose weight, but if you are looking to just get in shape, build up your cardio and just move for a bit on a daily basis - it should be alright.

And the first level (I'm just watching through the Alpha videos) seem to be mainly (read about 90%) cardio based.

I tried T25 not too long ago and made it into the 2nd week before I crashed and burned. Hard. It was so much work and it was depressing how I couldn't even do the modified stuff after a while. The single rest/stretch day on Saturday just doesn't seem to be enough to really recover and allow your muscles to burn those calories the next day, so my plan is to actually do MWF and stretch T25 out into 2 weeks instead of 1.

We'll see how it goes :3
  • aeparks3
    aeparks3 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started T25 a few days ago and so far I love it. I finished P90X3 earlier this month, and it was nice to get back into more cardio as X3 is more weight focused. The main thing about all of these (or really, any) workout program is your nutrition. You can do all the exercise you want but if you're still eating terribly then you won't see progress. Really go by the guidelines/recommendations that BB gives you and try to eat as clean as possible. I didn't have much to lose when I first started X3, but at the end I lost 5 lbs and 5% body fat, which is huge for me. I see a big difference and feel so much better! Start by doing the modified moves and just keep building up your endurance. Even if you're still doing the modified moves 2 months later- at least you're still doing it! Good luck!
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    today I start week 2 of Alpha T25 ... so far so good ... feel free to add me
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Jut started.. and am using all the modifiers.. so far so good...I adapt where I need to but the key is just getting in the exercise...every day...I am also trying to eat a lot cleaner...getting rid of most of the processed stuff where I can
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    As a man who also had to quit Insanity due to knee issues, I absolutely love Focus T25.
    I feel like I'm getting just as good of a workout with T25 as I did with Insanity, and a lot of the impact on my joints is minimized or eliminated.

On some of the more impactful moves, I just follow Tonya (who is the modifier in every workout), and still get a good burn.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    As a man who also had to quit Insanity due to knee issues, I absolutely love Focus T25.
    I feel like I'm getting just as good of a workout with T25 as I did with Insanity, and a lot of the impact on my joints is minimized or eliminated.

On some of the more impactful moves, I just follow Tonya (who is the modifier in every workout), and still get a good burn.

Exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks mate.

Thank you everyone for your responses :)