Yoga and Strength training for women?

Looking for a program I can do at home in the mornings (with just 8 pound weights and a resistance cable, and a yoga mat) that is solid and combines yoga and strength training. Anyone know of such a thing? I get my cardio in the afternoons.

Replies

• BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Check out Jillian Michaels' videos. You can find a bunch of her stuff on the BeFit channel on YouTube. With 8 lb. free weights, a resistance cable and yoga mat, you've got everything you need to do any of her workouts! Yoga Meltdown combines yoga and strength training in an awesome way!
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    In traditional yoga, you never use added weights, just your body weight. But you can still get muscle definition and strength from the exercises.
    For yoga videos, I like the ones put out by Gaiam Yoga. Look for "power yoga" in the titles or descriptions.

I also like Bryan Kest Power Yoga. I took one of his classes a few years ago. And he has a Power Yoga DVD. (He curses a lot in person, not sure about the DVD so don't get it if you'd be offended) But great workout.
  • Thanks to both of you! I just finished Jillian Michael's 90 day Body Revolution, which is why I have those items at home! I liked it but want to do something different now and just can't find the energy for the cardio stuff first thing in the morning.

Yoga Meltdown and Bryan Kest's stuff look awesome!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Fitness Blender has great videos. You can select what equipment you have to work with and what kind of workout you're looking for.