This Is Gonna Make Me Sound Vain, But I Don't Care...

I was just sitting here, taking a break from working on my blog, when a thought came to me lucidly.

When I lose down to 185, I expect there to be some loose skin, and on my stomach I can handle it. I'll do some exercising and hope I can tighten that area up a little. But what about my face? I already have that waddle which, if you'll look at my profile picture, is off center, and if I thump it, it takes about 5 seconds for it to stop moving. (joke :bigsmile: )

Anyway, I know there's nothing I can do about *that*, but I would like my face muscles to tighten up as good as the rest of me. So I looked up something called "Phytoceramides" (this is NOT a brand name and I'm not spamming you) and these are supposed to help with wrinkles and lines and stuff, but I don't know if it's only for women or if it works on guys too?

Anyone have any insight on this?

I'll close this post now because I'm afraid Carly might see it and write another one about me.:wink:

Thanks for your help!

Bill

Replies

• scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    I don't know anything about phytoceramids, but there are facial exercises you can do. One friend recommended tilting your head back and saying your vowels. Really opening your mouth wide and exagerating them. I usually do 5 sets of 5 for each one. AAAAA EEEEE etc five times.
  • This sounds like it would be great to do in the gate waiting area of an airport, scorpio. :wink: I'm kidding, of course, but that's interesting. I'll give it a try. Here at home. With the door closed. :smile:
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    I know nothing about what your talking about either , but moisturizer moisturizer moisturizer . Is what I've been taught . Sunscreen etc. your skin cells are always reproducing and moisturizers help loosen the surface skin and promote new skin cells to grow ...just don't stretch in when applying ( pat)
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    This sounds like it would be great to do in the gate waiting area of an airport, scorpio. :wink: I'm kidding, of course, but that's interesting. I'll give it a try. Here at home. With the door closed. :smile:

LOL Yeah, definitely an at-home workout. :wink: Good luck!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Do the things you do for the rest of your skin - hydrate from the 'inside' (get lots of fluids), eat a variety of foods so your body gets access to all the variety of vitamins that help with skin elasticity.

Other than that, it comes down to genetics and age. Moisturizers couldn't hurt, but they aren't as big a help as the manufacturers would have you believe.

I haven't experienced any additional sag in the skin in my face and neck that I can't attribute to age alone.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    It sounds like a marketing gimmick. How does this know just to tighten the skin on your face and not anywhere else?

Go to a reputable dermatologist. They can prescribe prescription retin-a or prescription retinol creams. The latter is more gentle then straight up retin-a. My co-worker who is about 62 got a prescription about a year ago. Her skin is amazingly smooth now. You only see a few crows feet around the eyes. If I were you, I'd go to a dermatologist to see what they have. They have access to creams,lasers and lotions that are stronger and more effective than what you find over the counter in the make up area.