over 50, >100 lbs to lose, looking for similar women

Options
Hello everyone! I am a 57 year old woman with three grown children, a demanding job, and supportive husband, and 146 extra pounds. I have had enough of living this way! Many years ago, I had success with WW but I have gained all of that back and nearly 100 more. I want to do this in the worst way! I am committing to logging my food and exercise and coming here every evening for support.

I don't know how to create a group but I would like to. Are you with me? Can we do this together?

Replies

• wannabprncs
    wannabprncs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 47 years old, have 2 grown daughters and I am divorced. I need to lose 160 lbs at least, if not a little bit more. I just signed up on this web site, this is my first week. I too am committing myself to logging my food each day and goodness I have to add some type of exercise at least 3 or 4 days a week to start out with. I haven't started doing any exercise yet but I am going to start.
  • westiemom7707
    westiemom7707 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you responded! I went for a walk with my husband tonight.... a little less than a mile in 20 minutes. I was so worn out! But I will do it again tomorrow. We can do this! Did you log your food today?

I am going to look at it in small bites. The first is to lose 16.5 lbs.... taking me below a "big mark". My son graduates from college on June 1st. Think I can do that first goal by then? What's your first little goal?
  • medu5a
    medu5a Posts: 1
    Options
    you got this. i had 100lbs to lose. 37lbs left. just remember weight loss is 80% food 20% exercise. mini goals make it easier to achieve. i'm doing the "give it 100" challenge, which is just 100 days of eating right and light exercise. mentally having a start and finish date makes seem like an easier job.
  • wannabprncs
    Options
    I think I am going to make my first small goal, to lose 20 lbs by July, my moms cousin from NY is coming to visit us then, so I think that will be my first goal. Have you been on this web site long? I just started this week, Thursday. So hopefully I will have a good week, we shall see. I am so glad I found someone to speak with that has a lot of weight to lose, such as myself. I really cant relate to those people that only have 15 or 25 lbs to lose.
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You've made a choice to be here and it's a good choice. MFP has been a tremendous help in keeping me on track and motivated. I'm 63, disabled and I've lost 118 pounds by reducing calories alone. You can do this if you commit yourself to logging your food everyday. This will make you more aware of your food choices and will also help you see what foods seem to help you stay on track. It's been since 11/12 for me here and I still hope to lose another 50 pounds. I'll be here for a loooooooong time so add me if you like. Good luck to you!
  • wannabprncs
    Options
    Thank you, I am going to stick to this and take it one day at a time, even though I wish it could all come off at once but I know that it was not put on all at once. I think that is great that you lost 118 pounds. I hope that I can do as well on this as you have!
  • His_Amet
    His_Amet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

may I join in this conversation?
    I'm 50, and have 130lbs+ to lose. I am new here too. I did lose around 6 stone a couple of years back and felt fab, but then hurt my back big time, and it all went back on bar about two stone. I've been back pain free for around 6 months now, so just starting to exercise seriously again, although I have a dodgy achilles tendon that I'm waiting to see a consultant about.
    However, went to move last night and my back went again! It's nowhere near as bad as that last time, so I'm icing it, and resting and pottering up and down the garden. My boss is probably not best pleased with me!

Anyway, I am NOT letting this put me off, I will just have to eat even more sensibly for a few days till my back heals enough to let me walk.

I am in the UK, btw.
  • mymonty
    mymonty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would love to walk this journey with you. I want to lose 108 pounds. I just rejoined WW after how many years. Down 15 pounds since January and am determined to get it off this time. I think we can be great for each others. Please add me!