accepting

Options
I think i am going to have to realise that i am petite and nothings going to change this. Is any1 else petite and love their body? I would love to begin to like being petite and not wanting to keep changing myself and feeling fat

Replies

• ktbug1186
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and learned to love my body...simply because I'm not growing anymore haha. It sucks cause we carry the weight so bad, i gain five pounds and it looks like 15, but on the flip side, if you loose five pounds it makes a huge difference! I'm also used to the short jokes haha :D
  • RowdyRoulette
    RowdyRoulette Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am not little. BUT I agree learn to love yourself and be the BEST YOU that you can be!

That's my motto for myself this year!
  • seleck05
    seleck05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am petite and also agree it sucks when we gain it's so noticeable. But also I think on the other hand even if we are carrying a little extra weight we don't look "as big" as if we were taller and a little heavier.
  • littlelol
    Options
    thanku guys, :)
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" too.. I've always loved my height and yes if I gain 5 lbs it's like 15.. My sister who is 36 is 4'6" =) some guy asked her the other day in a check out line if she was "standing in a hole...lololo ok thats not funny!!!
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i'm 5'8 and it can be just as bad i always have people telling me oh no your too tall to weigh my goal of 135 ( i'm 144 right now) when i was 323 becuse i was "tall" i had this right to carry weight???? it was werid though the whole journey and everyday some one mention how my weight is or should be accounted with my height. when i got to170 everyone wanted me to quit but that ws still to heavy for my frame i felt so i can understand why height is an issues everyone always mention it in everything clothes, weight ,shoes, you name it lol. but i agree we should all learn to love our body despite what society like to drill into us.
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" too.. I've always loved my height and yes if I gain 5 lbs it's like 15.. My sister who is 36 is 4'6" =) some guy asked her the other day in a check out line if she was "standing in a hole...lololo ok thats not funny!!!

haha I kinda thought it was funny. I get lots of short jokes too. I'm 5'3" and I have a small bone structure on top of that so ppl are always asking if I'm 15....or if I'm sitting down when I'm standing :P I've learned to love it...except when i need to get things off of the top shelf. I'm so with the weight appearances too! If I gain 5lbs its super noticeable. Silver lining is that when I lose 5lbs it looks like I totally slimmed down.
  • mflake
    mflake Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'2" so not really petite but i have had a problem lately of not being the tall skinny model look. I've been doing more yoga and pilates to get the long lean look but its just not working for me. it was frustrating but i'm learning to be ok with it :) thank you for the post it also helped me!
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just for fun.. one thing I like about being petite is my sister and I can still go trick or treating...=)