5'4 and 5'5 women, post your pics, please! :) Inspiration wa

Options

Replies

• Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You ALL inspire me and scare me a little if I am honest. I am 5' 4.5'' lol to me the half inch makes a difference. Currently 208lb from a start of 280 several years ago. I would be more than happy to get down to 140 lb which is still within the Normal weight range for my heaight. no clue how small I will get in trousers as always been a bigger person..but think I am doomed to LARGE tops as with all the weight I have lost I have not dropped any from my cup size :(. Again ALL of you are a valuable source of inspiration.

Right there with you! I'm 5'3" even though I've dropped 50lbs twice now (same 50lbs mind you) and am at 250 my boobs just won't shrink, pregnancy didn't help the matters at all either! I'm hoping they go a little bit when I lose more weight, I mean I always hear a lot of women say that the first thing that goes when you start to exercise is your boobs I think they lied to me lol

You all are seriously a inspiration thank you for this post I think it will help me to envision what the end result of my weight loss will be :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    To each and every person who responded so far, thank you! Your willingness to share your thoughts and where you are on this journey benefits us all. To the poster who said she's both inspired and scared.... :laugh: I can totally relate!

It's my hope to go back through and respond personally to each person who posted, but I don't want to bombard the thread.

Keep checking back - and posting as you'd like . We are a powerful, energetic group of women - let's support each other in getting to our destination.

Thank you again - YOU ROCK! :):flowerforyou:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    YOU are an inspiration. I don't know that I am. BUT I do understand what it is like to be a small size and wish to be smaller so I will share my before and after pics with you. I'm 5'5 and I went from 127 size 4/6 to 113 size 0/2 and I feel great about my transformation not because of the number on the scale but because I have completely transformed my diet and lifestyle and I feel so much stronger, energetic, and happier. I also am happier with the way a look which is a great side benefit. I've gone from a sedentary lifestyle where I did not think much about what I eat to an active lifestyle with ambitious fitness goals and food is a tool to help me achieve them. It's been a great start to a new and exciting journey and who knows where it will take me :)

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!

DSCF0065.jpg

100_1172.jpg

Wendy,
    A special thank you for posting your pictures! :) This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you also for sharing some of your story. I'm surprised to learn that you were "completely sedentary" - because I always see you on MFP as a "kick a** runner". What a cool transformation! :flowerforyou:

BTW, it's hard to believe you're only 5/5. Did you find that as your body composition changed you began to appear taller? I would have to say for SURE that you've been an ongoing inspiration to me. Particularly with all that running! But also your positive attitude and ready encouragement.

Thanks for giving me (as well as our fellow MFP-ers) a visual of "what's possible" .
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and went from 120-123 (size 6) to 105 (size 1 or 3) in 5-6 months of strict diet and daily exercise. My husband also lost 50 pounds too!

BEFORE:
    2004_b.jpg

AFTER:
    bah1.jpg

Kdiamond - what an awesome transformation. Thank you for sharing your photos and story. I have seen some other photos of you and your husband and ... you look like the younger siblings of your former selves! You should be so very proud! I didn't realize that we are about the same height - this is good to know that it is possible.

Could you please tell us more about your diet and exercise program?
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and went from 120-123 (size 6) to 105 (size 1 or 3) in 5-6 months of strict diet and daily exercise. My husband also lost 50 pounds too!

BEFORE:
    2004_b.jpg

AFTER:
    bah1.jpg

Now that's a bathing suit picture. Not in the living room or the bathroom but in a pool where one actually wears a bathing suit!!!

FANTASTIC PIC!!
    smiley-music001.gif ENCORE, ENCORE!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! I'm 5'5" and looking to get back to 135-140. Previously at 142 I was a size 4-6 depending on the brand. And then moving, a new job and pregnancy all happened, and here I am in a size 10-12. I'm ready to get back into all my size 4-6 clothes that are sitting in storage bins!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and when I started here I was 155 lbs and wearing a size 12. I got down to 118 and wear a size 4-6. I gained 2 lbs back over the holidays and now I plan to drop those plus a couple more. I'd like to get down to 110lbs ( I am very small framed). Sorry I can't post pictures I'm not good at that kind of thing. Great work everyone here!
  • iwantmyskinnyjeans
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and wear a 10 now. I was wearing a 12 when I started (at mid 180s). I would love to get down to a 4 or 6. Its been about 9 years since I've worn a 6 (even at 120 I couldn't fit into a 4). You all are very inspirational!
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and right now I'm 151 and in a baggy 12. When I was in high school I was 115 ish and in a size 7. I don't think I've ever had a size 4 on:sad:I'm just kidding. Just bigger boned I guess. But I know why you want pictures, I'm always asking my husband..." So am I bigger or smaller than her?" And poor guy never knows what to say and changes the subject.:laugh:
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and started off here at around your weight. I have lost 6 lb so far, although I can't see significant change. I'm a 4 or 6 too, depending on the store.

You can add me if you want :)

L.
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yall are inspiring!
    I'm 5 3&3/4. (I round it up and call it 5.4!) Before Christmas and also this months TOM, I was about 180, I will weigh next after New Years. (That's up from the 135-140 I was in highschool, and down from the 207 I was in 2007-2008) I am currently in 12's or 14's depending on brand. I prefer to think I'm in 12's - honestly. :)
    Feel free to add me, it's really nice to have a reference as to "how would I look if I weighed X lbs!?!"
  • nilisabel
    Options
    wow saw some amazing transformations! not just the bodies in terms of athleticism but in terms of energy and happiness in the peoples' faces! good job!!! I hope I look as good as you all by this time next year!
  • purplespeckle
    Options

BEFORE:
    2004_b.jpg

AFTER:
    bah1.jpg

wow..that's like a commercial ad...that's amazing! you look wonderful! great job!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    i'm 5'3. i was once 160 and got down to 120! i wasn't toned at all though and I don't remember what size my clothing was. but fast food got to me and i gained and got up to 181. i'm 179.6 now and i'm looking to get down to 115-120 :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    aw, thanks darlin'! trust me, no envy. you look PHENOMENAL. and of course you will get down to your desired goal. you're clearly determined and motivated. :) and we'll definitely be here to cheer you on!!!

i'm still wearing my size 9s. lol... they're comfortable, maybe slightly on the loose side. slightly. :) i have a closetful of size 4's that don't go beyond my thighs (forget hips). HAHAHAHA... but it's getting there.

i happen to carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs, which might explain why i hate any exercises that work those areas. but abs? i can do abs allllll day long. i love 'em. i am a dance instructor so i do a lot of abs with my students (much to their chagrin). oftentimes when people hate abs, it's because they have weak backs actually. i always stress to my students that they have to have strong cores, and that your core wraps all the way around from your belly, to your sides, to your back. i'll make them do about 15 minutes of abs, super slow as well as super fast.

now if i can only put this same excitement and discipline into running and doing lunges. ;)

The dance instructor / dedicated ab work explains a lot! :) So... you wanna be my abs coach? I honestly thought my stomach is hopeless. I was told that because I had an abdominal surgery in my early 20s that my muscles were "cut" and therefore always going to be weaker. I was also told that I just have extra skin. Then I woke up and took a good hard look. It's not loose skin! I totally have some stubborn fat hanging on.

Which brings me to my next question: they always say that you can't spot reduce fat and that you have to burn more calories to burn the fat off (which makes sense). So I sort of figured it was pointless to really do ab work until the fat is gone. But your photo has convinced me otherwise. :)

Your thoughts?
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    OMG! I had an abdominal surgery when I was 19!!! but i was never told that it would affect my body in any real way. the human body really is amazing in how it heals and bounces back.

it's true, you absolutely cannot spot reduce. however, you can target certain muscle groups for more definition, but you will only see the definition if you lose overall body fat. otherwise, you'll just be able to feel the muscle underneath to the touch, but still be flabby to the eye. i've always had strong abs, even in my before photos. but you couldnt see any of it, until my after pics when i lost the layer of fat that was chillin on top of my muscles. lol.

i think its vital for everyone to do ab work in any real healthy fitness regimen. a strong core is the basis of all your physical activities; running, walking, dancing, lifting, rockclimbing, even sitting. and it really will help to prevent back problems in the future. as for the aesthetic, you def gotta do abs. lol. there's no way around it. at a certain point, if you got the flat tummy you desired from general weight loss, you still wouldn't get the lines you wanted unless you did some ab work. btw, ab exercises aren't exclusive to lying on the floor doing sit-ups. there are a lot of standing ab exercises you can start with. and it gets easier the more you do it, i promise! :)

its never hopeless. i do believe where there's a will there's a way, and you definitely have the will!!!! i mean, hello, SIZE 4!?!?! :)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    You have no fluff if you're a friggin size four!!!! LOL I'll be COMPLETELY surprised and happy if I ever end up in a 5 again. I haven't been a 5 in about 5 years.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm 158 5'5" and I wear baggy 10s....I have 20 more lbs I want to lose, so I'm thinking I'll be in a 6.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    OMG! I had an abdominal surgery when I was 19!!! but i was never told that it would affect my body in any real way. the human body really is amazing in how it heals and bounces back.

it's true, you absolutely cannot spot reduce. however, you can target certain muscle groups for more definition, but you will only see the definition if you lose overall body fat. otherwise, you'll just be able to feel the muscle underneath to the touch, but still be flabby to the eye. i've always had strong abs, even in my before photos. but you couldnt see any of it, until my after pics when i lost the layer of fat that was chillin on top of my muscles. lol.

i think its vital for everyone to do ab work in any real healthy fitness regimen. a strong core is the basis of all your physical activities; running, walking, dancing, lifting, rockclimbing, even sitting. and it really will help to prevent back problems in the future. as for the aesthetic, you def gotta do abs. lol. there's no way around it. at a certain point, if you got the flat tummy you desired from general weight loss, you still wouldn't get the lines you wanted unless you did some ab work. btw, ab exercises aren't exclusive to lying on the floor doing sit-ups. there are a lot of standing ab exercises you can start with. and it gets easier the more you do it, i promise! :)

its never hopeless. i do believe where there's a will there's a way, and you definitely have the will!!!! i mean, hello, SIZE 4!?!?! :)

That's too weird (the surgeries). Actually, the thing about my muscles staying weak didn't come from a doctor. It's the opinion of a friend of mine. I"ve always considered her credible b/c of her own weight loss and maintenance experience. But I had one of those a-ha moments. That's just her theory. She's trying to help and make me feel better about the pudge. Sort of excusing it for me. But the reality is, I think if I work at it, I can improve it.

So, *sigh*, I guess I shall stick with the cardio and add in some daily ab work. I've been aiming to mix it up so that every day is different. I figured this will help combat boredom and keep my body guessing. Monday was the elliptical, treadmill and 10 mins of abs. Tuesday was 60 mins of zumba and 20 mins of zumba abs. Wed. was a 50 minute run and 10 minute abs. Today I plan on trying out Jillian's 6 week 6 pack (targeting abs) for 35 mins and follow up with some cardio. Kickboxing, maybe?

The photos that have been posted here ARE an inspiration. So I'm going for it!

Thanks for the info and encouragement.:flowerforyou:
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and weighing 122. i was 115 last year in dec but my tummy was big now I just want to tone up. i do not know how to put pic up but i will put it in my profile
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!