Hello

Ashlea_M
Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,

My name is Ashlea, and I just joined up. I always struggled to accurately keep tabs on what I was actually eating, so i think this will be a really good thing for me- it's so easy and i love the iPad app! :) I'm 24 i'm studying Industrial Design at uni and i hope to do postgraduate study and get into research.

I was healthy and fit once upon a time but over the last four years inactivity and over-indulgence and caused the weight to slowly creep on and now I'm stuck in this ridiculous rut. I think I actually thought I could get away with what I was doing, and that nothing would ever happen. This past year, school really took over my life and I ate a lot of takeaway out of convienience.
I don't really have any support from family or friends- they don't talk about it, it's like it's not there if no one mentions it which is hard.

Being overweight really affects my day-to day activites, I'm usually too embarrassed to go anywhere other than uni or the supermarket. The gym scares the hell out me. I cancel on people a lot. At uni I carry a second tote bag and i hold it in front of my stomach when I walk. I get picked on a lot, mostly in shopping centres. I tried to tell my Dad about it but he told me 'that's what happens to overweight people'.

I'm not exactly proud of where I have gotten myself to but I think I'm making some good choices now, and I want to turn my life around for the better. I want to start actually living my life :)

Replies

• megenj2001
    megenj2001 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi Ashlea! Welcome! This is a great place to have a community that actually cares if you lose the weight, and I don't know where I'd be today without it. Hang in there!
  • RieRie1
    RieRie1 Posts: 7 Member
    Welcome Aslea! You can do it
    if you fall off the horse, just dust yourself off and get right back on it! Its ok. Don't worry about those haters---you always have them around but I'm here to tell you ---YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Hi! I remember the days of being at college at eating all the foods that we knew were wrong but tasted so good. The freshmen 15 quickly became the freshmen 20-30. You can do this. We're all on this journey together. :)
  • Hi Ashlea. I'm very new to this as well. I'm excited about all of the tracking features on here. And already it seems like a strong supportive community! I feel so similar to what you said. Although I'm not making losing weight a New Year's resolution because my resolutions are quickly forgotten, I want 2011 to be a year when I am more comfortable being me and not restricted by my weight. Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.