Green & Black's chocolate and feeling sick

Options
I got a 70% Green & Black's Easter Egg - which I was pretty thrilled about. Unfortunately I've noticed I feel quite ill after eating small amounts of it. It's probably not a bad thing in the end as it means I'm going to throw out the egg but no other dark chocolate has this effect on me.

Was just wondering if any one has a similar problem?

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm going to throw out the egg
    Why not give it to someone who may like it?
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your 'small' portion wasn't as small as you thought (food dairy states 12 pieces).

My body does not respond well to eating food its not use to...usually in the 'treat/sugar' category. Even if it's
    considered a regular/normal portion.
  • angelica_lisa
    angelica_lisa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Green & Black's dark chocolate is really strong, so if you aren't used to eating that sort of chocolate, I would imagine that it would give you (or anyone else) issues if too much is eaten at once.
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    ]Why not give it to someone who may like it?
    It's already half eaten and my fiancee doesn't like it.

Perhaps your 'small' portion wasn't as small as you thought (food dairy states 12 pieces).

You may be right - it was 35g but it may have been more than I can take considering I'm just not eating that much chocolate these days.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love green and blacks, the darker the better, but only small pieces at a time.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    It is very rich so that may be why. Cut what is left into small pieces and put them into the freezer, that way they make a nice small treat when you want one.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I got a 70% Green & Black's Easter Egg - which I was pretty thrilled about. Unfortunately I've noticed I feel quite ill after eating small amounts of it. It's probably not a bad thing in the end as it means I'm going to throw out the egg but no other dark chocolate has this effect on me.

Was just wondering if any one has a similar problem?

I enjoy 85% and higher dark chocolate, Green & Black's included. Anything lower in cocoa doesn't sit well on my tummy, likely due to higher sugar content.